7 months ago
PlaneTechs is seeking individuals with previous fuel cell experience to join us in Greenville, South Carolina. Work is on Military Aircraft. We offer a highly competitive pay rate with per diem if qualify.
Shift: 1st or 2nd.
Contract Duration: 6+ months.
* Performs removal, installation, and inspection functions of fuel cells in addition to assembly, and installation of components such as fuel lines, hardware, and fittings on various aircraft.
* Analyzes various aircraft sealing, structural, and assembly drawings, to detect seal level deficiencies on aircraft.
* Diagnoses results of leak test to detect drawing, specification, structural and assembly sealing errors.
* Recommends corrective action necessary to correct deficiencies.
* Performs disassembly and teardown operations of aircraft fuel systems and related components.
* Removes fuel cells and components from aircraft, following specific procedures and techniques.
* Prepares cavity for installation of fuel cells and components.
* Uses appropriate pressure test equipment, and make repairs as required.
* In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform confined space entry into C-130 and P-3 aircraft fuel tanks, the opening of which is approximately 10” x 16”.
* Other duties may be assigned.
* Must possess 2+ years' aircraft fuel cell experience.
* Must provide tools in accordance with minimum tool listing, shadowed and etched per company policy/procedures.
* Candidate must have the ability to become confined space certified for entry into aircraft fuel tanks with an opening of 10”x16”.
* Candidate must comply with FAA DOT medical requirements for employee performing a safety sensitive function.