4 months ago
1. Take ownership of the Physical Verification and design activities for CEH/FPGA testing to ensure all activities are conducted in accordance with DO-254 requirements.
2. Conduct Verification and Validation and design activities on CEH/FPGA components to meet DO-254 DAL A certification requirements.
3. Develop/ Refine firmware code and Test scripts using Matlab and ModelSim and support the Physical Verification Testing on CEH/FPGAs
4. Run Test Scripts on the VHDL test bench and Matlab
5. Review and analyze results generated by Logic Analyzers
6. Update and Document Test Procedures to meet DO-254 requirements
7. Document Test Results using approved methods and procedures that meet DO-254 requirements
8. Update Hardware documentation in support of Audits
9. Work in conjunction with Quality, Planning, and Program/Project Management personnel to ensure V&V activities are conducted in a timely manner.
10. Work cross-functionally with development teams, throughout the development process, to ensure activities and documentation of results are performed with a focus on meeting DO-254 DAL A requirements.
11. Attend development design reviews that focus on generating and delivering a certification artifacts.
12. Other duties as required.
* -Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or eligible to be licensed by Professional Engineers of Ontario (PEO)
* -5+ years of engineering experience in an electronics design/test environment
* -Ability to read and understand electronic schematics and to develop scripts for testing FPGAs
* -FPGA V&V experience (DO-254)
* -Proficient with the use of Logic Analyzers and the analysis of their outputs
* -Proficient with Matlab/TCL (ModelSim) scripting and use with Logic Analyzers.
* -Proficient with VHDL test bench
* -Familiarity with FPGAs
* -Aerospace experience (DO-254)
* -Strong communication, organizational and planning skills, effective interpersonal skills, analytical problem solving approach, dealing with complexity, informing others, Clear and Concise writing and presentation skills.
* -Proficient in computer software applications such as, MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, etc.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.