11 months ago
1.0 SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE
Responsible for the functions associated with the daily operations of the Safran Helicopter Engines, USA, Inc.. (SafranHE) Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) Sub Zone to ensure regulatory compliance with Customs and Border Protection (CBP), Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) and the FTZ Board applicable laws and guidelines. Work closely with Supply Chain and Brokers to achieve optimal flow of merchandise and timely submission of reports.
2.0 ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
* •Ensure adherence to Import Compliance (FTZ, CBP, and C-TPAT) by monitoring, auditing, and training employees regarding these guidelines and regulations.
* •Refer to the Logistics and Warehouse Manager to provide direction on daily activities while coordinating with the Import / Export Compliance team (ECC, ECO and EO) to ensure all regulatory and compliance processes are followed.
* •Develop and implement procedures for the FTZ flow of material to insure expeditious handling and reporting.
* •Adherence to all mandated reporting requirements and timelines.
* •Collaborate with customs broker to insure FTZ daily reports are processed and insure the timely and accurate filing of the appropriate US Customs declaration (including but not limited to CF216, CF214, CF3461, CF7501, CF7512 actual and estimate), analyze the outbound shipments and file monthly Census Bureau Statistics reports.
* •Provide direction to customs brokers in handling incoming freight in conjunction with forecast reports provided to Customs.
* •Analyze and resolve any discrepancies between the SAP inventory balance and the FTZ inventory balance.
* •Apply the correct product classification (including research and maintenance) connected to the classification of products (i.e. Schedule B, HTSUS, EAR, and ITAR) with inter-departmental support from the ECC and/or ECO.
* •Analyze and determine how to consolidate information provided to Customs that reflect optimal financial benefit of the FTZ in accordance with duties and tax liabilities for SafranHE USA.
* •Audit all import / export files for accuracy and correctness of tariff rates and proper classifications.
* •Proficient use of computer programs such as Integration Point, SAP, Excel and ABI.
* •Responsible for timely resolution of problems associated with parts on the “Problem Shelf” to ensure timely export under Immediate Transportation Entries or admittance to the FTZ sub zone.
4.0 REQUIRED COMPETENCIES – Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities
* •Minimum of High School diploma (or GED) with Associates Degree preferred and one year of related Supply Chain / reporting and reconciliation experience.
* •General computer knowledge including intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) with FTZ-related software a bonus.
* •Good analysis skills and attention to detail. Requires the ability to read and interpret various types of technical data, specifications and governmental laws and regulations.
* •Knowledge of professional practices, sources of information, and rules and regulations that must be interpreted, adapted, and applied to the unique requirements of the organization.
* •Customs Entry Writer and/or ABI / ACE knowledge
5.0 PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job:
* •While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
* •The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
* •The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* •The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
3.0 SCOPE AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
* •Accountable to follow defined processes, policies and procedures as well as perform duties in an accurate, neat and timely manner.
* •Has authority to act at his/her own discretion, with the support and review or audit by the Export Compliance Coordinator (ECC) or Export Compliance Officer (ECO).
* •Define project objectives, including development of procedures, identifying problems, and recommending solutions.
* •Responsible for meeting commitment dates and other identified objectives.
* •Train and coach others in the guidelines and regulations of Trade Compliance.
* •No budget responsibilities.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading helicopter engine manufacturer, with over 72,000 engines produced since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of turbine engines, the company boasts 2,500 customers in 155 countries.