3 months ago
The B-52 team at Edwards AFB, CA is seeking a Flight Test Engineer (Level 4). Candidate will safely plan the execution of flight test activities to include: determining test requirements, coordinate test planning, document test results and construct flight test procedures. Candidate will also coordinate efforts across multiple disciplines, business partners and customers.
Support Integrated Flight Test Plan Development, Mission Planning, and Flight Test Procedure/Operations Outline and Checklist (OOCL) development.
* Flight test program design and conduct.
* Test procedure development and release.
* Flight test article configuration management.
* Test report assembly, preparation and release.
* Test reporting.
* Flight test anomaly identification, characterization and resolution.
* Proposal estimation and preparation.
* Test scheduling and sequencing, and resource determinations, including alternates, and resource allocation.
* Readiness Review and Debrief conduct with identification and resolution of actions.
* Support Test Team conferences and test problem resolution.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Test and Tech
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Basic (Required) Qualifications
* This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
* Bachelor's Degree.
* Experience working on aircraft ground and/or flight test.
* Experience working with avionics line replaceable units (LRU's) and software.
* B-52 mission planning, checklist and/or Tech Order development experience, B-52 Nav/Radar-Nav aircrew experience, Offensive Avionics System (OAS) experience.
* Coordinate with multiple organizational representatives to achieve team success.
* Experience working with military aircraft.
* Experience working on an active flight line.
* B1/B52 experience highly preferred.
* Experience operating navigation / radar systems and electro-optical sensors.
* Some experience with weapons system targeting.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification:
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more
years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor,
Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of
study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or
chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
Work may require some strenuous effort. The candidate must be able to lift items ranging from 20 to 35 pounds, must have the ability to stand for frequent periods of time, and must be able to perform tasks that require frequent climbing, crawling, kneeling, stooping, bending and other related activities.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award