6 months ago
Requisition ID: 7927
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America's Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Flight Planning Coordinator to join our team in Annapolis, MD (IMS INC) (5010). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It's an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The ARINC Direct service and the Flight Operations Center are built on a foundation of customer service and teamwork. ARINC Direct strives to create a cooperative atmosphere where knowledge is shared amongst team members and provides our Flight Coordinators with the tools, information, and empowerment they need to effectively satisfy Customer requests.
* Responsible for interacting with ground and air-based business aviation customers via telephone and message exchanges during all phases of flight planning and operations.
* Create and disseminate computed flight plans and weather information.
* Relay sensitive aviation messages.
* Provide logistical assistance for flight crews and passengers including airport arrival and departure reservation management.
* Respond to incoming customer messages and telephone calls.
* Provide customer account, software, troubleshooting, and training support.
* Ensure customer satisfaction to customers (pilots, flight departments, and passengers).
This position requires flexible coverage of multiple shifts in support of 24/7 operations, including holidays. The Flight Coordinator position is an essential personnel position meaning that you may be required to report for work during inclement weather.
* Previous aviation experience preferably in dispatch, pilot, and/or flight planning.
* Ability to read aviation weather and NOTAMs.
* Ability to work all shifts, weekends, and/or holidays.
* PC operating experience in a professional environment, including standard office software and internet browsing.
* Must be able to communicate well both orally and in written form and to deliver exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers.
* Ability to work for extended periods while seated and using a personal computer and be able to handle incoming customer calls without assistance.
* Ability to handle multiple customer requests simultaneously and accurately, work well in dynamic situations, and someone who can anticipate and mitigate problems.
* Ability to prioritize their time and resources in crises, be able to work very effectively with others in a fast-paced team environment and be able to work independently with limited assistance.
* Bi-lingual preferred, but not required.
* Typically requires a Bachelor's Degree in Aviation, Aeronautics, or related technical field.
* FAA Dispatch Certificate (strongly preferred). Candidates who do not have an FAA Dispatch Certificate may be required to obtain one within 6 months of being hired.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.