6 months ago
Flight Operations Project Support Manager
Apply by Date: Feb 17, 2018
Job Type: Permanent
Number of Openings
Basic Purpose of position:
Works with the Vice President Flight Operations and the Senior Flight Operations team to create, support and maintain the business initiatives. Responsible for accomplishing and supporting Flight Operations’ projects and objectives.
* Use good Project Management principles and practices to ensure proper project initiation, planning, execution, and closing.
* Assist with projects to determine budgets, timelines and resource requirements.
* Collaborate with the project lead in the creation of valid business cases to secure approval for projects.
* Conduct project-planning sessions with project team members individually or as a group to identify tasks and effort required to complete project deliverables.
* Plan schedule of tasks for project deliverables identifying constraints to project schedule, quality, or scope based on current resources.
* Identify risks to project completion and complete an analysis to plan risk response for mitigation and abatement.
* Verify that project is still within scope as identified within project charter.
* Manage the project changes and their impact to resources, timelines, and/or budget.
* Respond to risks, as they become issues using control plan for mitigation.
* Identify project decisions that need to be made and escalate to appropriate decision authority.
* Ongoing maintenance of project documentation.
* Coordinate departmental Information System (IS)requirements (e.g. Crew and onboard IS requirements).
* Oversee implementation and maintenance of aircraft operational Information Technology-based programs.
* Manage key deliverables of the Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) platform including ongoing product evaluation and refresh program.
* Provide support to the Director of Flight Operations and Chief Pilot Flight Technical with EFB program support and application development, including coordination with Jazz IS.
* Creation, guidance and ongoing support of approval for commitment (AFCs), request for comments (RFCs), Request for Proposals (RFPs), etc., as required.
Other related duties as assigned.
Perform duties in accordance with established policies and procedures while giving primary consideration to personal safety, and the safety of co-workers and customers.
College Diploma or University Degree required.
* Degree or diploma in Aviation Management is an asset.
Experience in project management is an asset.
Experience working with safety management systems is an asset.
Experience working within the airline industry is an asset.
Effective communication skills are required.
Great organizational and planning skills are required.
Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.