6 months ago
Boeing Defense Space & Security is seeking a top notch Flight Operations Mechanic to provide maintenance support in Las Vegas, Nevada location. Two positions are available.
* Perform fabrication, assembly and modification of “in Service” aircraft and components including metal and composite structures.
* Perform Aircraft systems installations to include electrical / electronic (i.e. wires for routing, clamping and connection and LRU for installation), fuel system, pneudraulic and egress.
* Perform fuel calibration, power plant build up and installation and explosive egress installations.
* Maintain aircraft historical records in accordance with established Boeing business practices.
* Maintain, operate and control bond room when and where assigned by supervision and in accordance with Quality Assurance Procedures.
* Perform operational checkout of aircraft systems to include hydraulic, electric, electronic (avionics), fuel systems, and engine operation.
* Rig and/or adjust mechanical surface controls, pneumatic tubing, heating and cooling systems.
* Diagnose and correct hydraulic, electric, and mechanical malfunctions. Inspect installation and service of ejection seats as required.
* Perform Pre-flight inspection checks, associated operational checkouts and release aircraft for flight.
* Move aircraft from one location to another on the ramp and flight line.
* Seat aircrew prior to flight as required perform launch and end of runway and recovery inspections.
* Direct the aircraft in, chock the aircraft, putting up the boarding ladders, install essential safeties.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance and the ability to obtain additional special access clearances (Special Compartmented Information/SCI) post start which requires polygraph examination. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
This position requires a valid/current driver's license.
5-10 Years of general maintenance experience is required
Must have knowledge of shop mathematics, electrical systems, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic systems, and production shop methods.
Work from model based definition (MBD) blueprint drawings, diagrams, specifications and service manuals, or sketches.
Preferred Skills & Attributes:
Air Force and/or Navy experience.
5-10 Years of military experience as a Crew Chief / Plane Captain.
F-15 avionics maintenance experience
Familiar with Air Force and/or Navy aircraft maintenance concepts or have FAA Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) license.
Advanced Maintenance / logistics school (Weapons School).
Quality Assurance Inspector experience (2 years).
One to two years’ experience with DCMAI 8210.1.
New Hires, as well as employees who transfer from non-union positions, may be required to attend some type of training upon their start. Once any required training has been completed all new employees will be considered on probation for a period of forty (40) working days. Continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of any required training and the probationary period. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award