about 1 month ago
Flight Nurse - CALSTAR - CS12 - Modesto, CA
1 month ago(8/16/2019 7:45 PM)
iCIMS Requisition ID
# of Openings
Job Families (Portal Searching)
The REACH Flight Nurse provides customer oriented high quality patient care, in a safe and efficient manner. In every situation the Flight Nurse does what is right for the patient based on a thorough assessment and implantation of protocols, SOP’s and appropriate care.
* Delivers safe and efficient patient care by providing customer oriented high quality nursing care to each patient throughout the transport process.
* Utilizes REACH clinical protocols to provide high quality patient care.
* Performs nursing expanded scope practice policies and procedures to deliver high quality patient care in the transport environment.
* Monitors, records, and reports to receiving staff, patient condition and response to interventions.
* Properly utilizes aircraft radios and navigation tools to assist in the safe and efficient transport of the patient.
* Represents REACH in public relation and safety in-services to improve awareness and safety.
* Other duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, either orally or in writing.
Flight Nurse Qualifications
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
* Current unrestricted RN license in California.
* Minimum of three (3) years of emergency and/ or critical care experience (>1 year of adult ICU preferred).
* PICU, NICU and CCT experience desirable.
* Current Certifications:
* AHA Basic Life Support (BLS)
* AHA or ASHI Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
* AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS), ACEP Advanced Pediatric Life Support (APLS), or ENA Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course
* AAP Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP)
* Approved Trauma Certification required within six (6) months of hire.
* Must obtain ICEMA MICN accreditation within 30 days of hire.
* National Certification (CEN, CCRN, or CFRN) desirable upon application but required within one (1) year of hire.
Flight Crew Requirements
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Ability to communicate professionally, effectively and persuasively.
* Ability to maintain composure under pressure, works efficiently and accurately with frequent interruptions, able to triage multiple priorities.
* Maintains a positive team attitude and cohesive working relationship with Paramedics, Nurses, Pilots, Maintenance Technicians, Communication Specialists and all other supporting departments.
* Works independently and manages high stress levels while maintaining a good rapport with co-workers.
* Maintains ongoing knowledge of relevant aviation protocols and policies.
Flight Crew Physical Requirements:
* Requires activities to include moderate intervals of standing, sitting and walking.
* Able to conduct activities requiring moderate to rigorous pushing, pulling, reaching and lifting.
* Capable of lifting 75 lbs floor to bench height.
* Capable of safe yet rapid ingress/egress to and from all aircraft and EMS vehicles in any undeveloped/unrefined landing zone or field location.
* Ability to hear routine aircraft noises.
* Maintains a “duty” weight (body weight + uniform/equipment - helmet not included) of less than 230 lbs.
* Ability to consistently wear flight helmet, night vision goggles and all other PPE in accordance with Company standards, under the stressor of flight.
* Periodic hands to key ability (typing).
* The standard, Full-Time Flight Nurse schedule at REACH is a seven (7) 24 hour shifts per 4 week period.
* Must be available for one (1) on-call shift in a four (4) week period for bases with On-Call status.
REACH offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, as well as a 401(k) plan. We also offer a flexible paid-time-off program and voluntary supplemental life insurance packages.
The REACH Medical Holdings Family of Companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans).