10 months ago
The Mesa Integrated Quality team is seeking to fill a Production Flight Line Inspector position. This position will report to the Manager, Integrated Quality in Mesa, AZ. The Flight Line Inspection team is responsible to perform all phases of inspection on operational aircraft, AH-64 and Mission Enhanced Little Bird (MELB) AH-6i. This position is 1st shift, however alternate shift work may be assigned as required to support production. Works under minimal direction.
• Follow blue prints, planning, technical manuals, special inspections, and written or verbal instructions to set up in-process and final inspections.
• Use various standard and precision instruments and equipment to perform inspections of aircraft structure, flight controls, power plants, armament, electrical, avionics, and instrumentation systems to ensure compliance to engineering and contract requirements and preservation, military, or FAA specifications.
• Perform preflight, post flight, and special inspections; maintains historical records per FAA/DCMA, customer maintenance and quality documents, and Boeing requirements.
• Work with manufacturing, engineering, quality, and customer personnel to identify and document results of inspections to include acceptance or rejection data and documentation of non-conformance.
• May perform mechanical, electrical, or airframe installation, removal, rework and repair.
• Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and non-conformances issues.
• Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales.
• Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
• Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
• Identify production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Education & Experience:
job requires specialized vocational or military training or an
Associate's degree and 3 to 5 years work related experience or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements,
therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required.
Must have Production Flight Test inspection or Technical inspector
experience in accordance with DAPAM 738-751 on AH-64 and AH-6i aircraft.
• Requires work in confined spaces requiring kneeling, crawling, climbing, and bending.
Experience interpreting and working from blueprints and Helicopter
Process specification (HP), both in sketches and written form.
•AH-64 experience in: product acceptance / inspection
techniques, non-conformance management (NCM), special inspections,
flight control systems (assembly/rigging), hydraulic systems, engine /
APU assembly installation and operation, drive system
assembly/installation and flight safety parts.
• Experience with Pre-Flight / Post-Flight Inspections.
• Experience with ULLS-A and IETM.
• Communication, effective teaming, and collaboration skills.
• Experience working in a dynamic, high stress work environment.
Contingent Upon Program Award