12 months ago
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products, and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline is a regional airline headquartered in Indianapolis, operating fixed-fee flights for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. The Company’s fleet consists of nearly 190 Embraer 170/175s, offering approximately 950 flights daily to 100 cities in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Our crew bases include Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Kansas City, MO (MCI), Miami, FL (MIA), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). We have 10 maintenance bases: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Louisville, KY (SDF), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway! For more information, please visit our website at.
Duties and Responsibilities
POSITION PURPOSE Provides Part 121 required Ground School and Flight instructions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Provides flight instruction for initial, upgrade, and recurrent pilot training classes.
* Creates and maintains courseware policies.
* Trains additional Instructor staff.
* Conducts departmental audits.
* Keeps abreast of all operational and regulatory changes and requirements. Must remain qualified to operate all company flight simulator training devices, Graphical Flight Simulator and full motion simulators.
* Provides technical leadership to team and department members. Leads through example; monitors, influences and trains others. Provides input to supervisor on performance reviews and helps to identify development needs.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Specialty training beyond high school in FAA and/or Airline Transport Pilot certificate.
* Aviation experience of 2 years is required.
* Must meet the minimum requirements for an ATP or RATP certificate. ATP written is preferred.
* Meet the current hiring minimum age and flight hours requirements set by the FAA and Company.
* Must have full knowledge of all curriculums authorized to teach.
* Ability to teach and perform well in classroom setting. Computer skills are required.
* Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) or equivalentwith at least 4 years previous Aviation experience.
* Able to pass an FAA required 10 year work history review and criminal background and fingerprint checks. Authorized by law to work in the United States. Must submit to and able to pass FAA and Company mandated drug and alcohol tests.
* Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
* Makes day to day decisions used to support strategic direction. Decisions often require some thought and are somewhat structured. Decisions tend to be short term and usually moderate cost.
* Able to stand at least 70% of the time.
* Able to lift up to 25 pounds up to 35% of the time.
* Typically not exposed to extreme environmental conditions.
* Ability to travel up to 75% of the time, including overnight and weekend travel.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Pos. Category Flight Operations