4 months ago
Responsible for analyzing and processing worldwide Notices to Airmen (NOTAMs) in a real-time environment for use by both external (Jeppesen flight planning) and internal (paper and database) customers. This is an entry level/training position designed to be single focused to prepare the employee to become an FIA.
* Analyzes, formats, processes and updates NOTAMs gathered from multiple source feeds, using established procedures and computational tools, to provide a uniform product in a real-time manner.
* Ensures product's conformance to regulatory and contractual compliance.
* Makes designated corrections noted by more senior employees against the product.
* Provides both internal and external real-time customer service.
* Receives considerable technical direction, training and guidance from senior positions and supervisor as required or requested.
* Detects and resolves slightly complex system problems following established procedures and practices.
High school or secondary school graduate or equivalent. Preference would be
Bachelor’s Degree or Associate’s Degree with relevant experience
Knowledge and Skills:
* Has a limited understanding of the job. Moderate understanding of general job aspects and basic principles, theories, and concepts.
* Identifies routine problems and seeks guidance when developing solutions.
* Close supervision. Follows specific, detailed instructions, processes, and procedures.
* Errors would result only in minor disruption or expense to correct.
* Interacts primarily with immediate supervisor, other personnel, and customers.
Private Pilot’s license with Instrument rating (consideration also given to candidates with FAA Dispatch or ATC license)