10 months ago
Position responsible for creating positive relations and serving customers within the Commercial, Business, and/or Military aviation sector. This includes complex flight planning, communicating with flight crews, schedulers, owner service representatives and other involved personnel to seek, identify and track specific flight requirements. Creates and adjusts flight plans, itineraries and other appropriate documentation for trips which involve multiple legs, multiple airports and ensuring appropriate weight and balance issues. Develops plans that meet all applicable FAA and international rules and regulations. Gathers information on current weather conditions, planned flight route, hazardous conditions and other flight information related to safety of flight and prepares and delivers a briefing to the flight crew. Acquires, distributes and interprets a wide variety of publications (navigation charts, flight manuals and other safety publications) required to ensure safe flight and to comply with governmental regulations.
* Independently works with customers to create moderate to complex flight plans which require identifying route/logistical options for efficient solutions. Communicates with flight crews, schedulers, owner service representatives and other involved personnel to seek, identify and track specific flight requirements (e.g., where flight will occur, clearances required, customs requirement, Transportation Security Administration, air traffic and airspace requirements, flight plan needs, weight and balance, etc.) and troubleshooting flight plan solutions. Flight plans are typically complex in nature with various stops, airports and fueling options. Provides flight follow up for aircraft in flight.
* Position responsible for creating positive relations and serving customers in the Commercial/Business Aviation and/or Military sector. This includes moderate to complex flight planning, with multiple customers at one-time. Communicates with flight crews, schedulers, owners and other involved personnel to seek, identify and track specific flight requirements. Creates and adjusts flight plans, itineraries and other appropriate document for trips.
* Independently uses on-line tools and resources to gather moderately complex flight information and prepares information for briefing delivery to the flight crew.
* Independently acquires, distributes and interprets a wide variety of publications. Identifies any missing publications and acquires them.
Degree in a related field of study and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
* Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, and concepts.
* Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems referring to established precedents and policies.
* Receives general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives. Participates in determining objectives of assignment; plans, schedules, and arranges own activities to accomplish those objectives.
* Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives typically have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization.
* Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.