about 1 year ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles), Pittsburgh and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: All dispatchers on duty report to the Chief Dispatcher and are responsible, to the Manager, System Operations Control Centre. A dispatcher, qualified as per CAR section 705.110, is assigned the responsibility of exercising safe and efficient operational control over Porter Airlines Inc. flights in conjunction with the pilot-in-command.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Dispatcher, qualified as per CARs section 705.110, is assigned the responsibility of exercising safe and efficient operational control over Porter Airlines flights in conjunction with the Pilot-In-Command, during Type A operations.
* Responsible for operational Pre-departure Planning and Flight Watch within a prescribed geographic area or assigned flights in accordance with the following:
* Canadian and foreign government rules and regulations.
* Company flight operations manuals.
* Corporate policies and procedures.
* Timely reviewing, authorizing, issuing and revising (as required) of the Operational Flight Plan (OFP) in keeping with safety, regulatory, customer service and corporate fiscal requirements.
* Authorizing the release of an aircraft to operate in accordance with the terms and conditions established by the OFP.
* Analyzing operational conditions and identifying any opportunities that may benefit or restrict operational capabilities, inclusive of, but not limited to, weather conditions, field conditions, ATC restrictions and aircraft performance.
* Exercising operational control on a co-authority basis with the Pilot-In-Command and for the joint responsibility of the safe and efficient planning and monitoring of a flight.
* Performing operational Flight Watch and determining when changes to the OFP are required or when meteorological conditions may affect the safety or efficiency of flights within a prescribed area or on assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the operating flight crew as required.
* Formulating and implementing the revised OFP when conditions warrant, and for communicating the revised plans to the Pilot-In-Command.
* When requested or deemed necessary, to provide the Pilot-In-Command with a thorough and professional flight crew briefing, covering all significant information which may impact the operation of his/her flight.
* Obtaining up-to-date flight progress information of assigned flights (Flight Watch) and to ensure that the flight tracking system is both current and accurate.
* Communicating to ATC all OFP requirements.
* Initiating Emergency Response procedures.
* Resolving with Maintenance Operations Control (MOC) and the Pilot-In-Command, as required, any conflicts which may be caused by any aircraft dispatch deviation which may limit or impact it’s operational capabilities, and to communicate those operational limitations and their impact to the Duty Officer and respective operating branches as required.
* Conducting On The Job Training for the position of Flight Dispatcher under the direction of the Chief Dispatcher, as assigned.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an airline operations center
* Radiotelephone Operator's Restricted Certificate
* Successful completion of Transport Canada FDMET and FDOPS exams within last 2 years
* At least 21 years of age per CARs Standard 725.124(21)(r)
* Working knowledge of CARs 705 or previous Type A (or equivalent) Flight Dispatch experience
* Aviation College or University Degree is an asset
* Concern for Safety - Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork - Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Customer Service - Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative - Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focused - Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication - Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date April 5, 2018
* Reference ID 52-22-81