10 months ago
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Setup, operate and adjust numerous types of Numerically Controlled (NC) Flexible Machining Systems (e.g. one or more machines), utilizing pre-planned control media and/or program documents to fabricate close tolerance, high quality parts from various types of metals.
Job Responsibilities include:
* This position also requires handling, lifting < 10 pounds, standing, walking, contact with metals, exposure to noise, atmospheric conditions, the use of personal protective equipment.
* Set-up job (e.g., production orders, first lots, tool tryouts) or run previously set-up job by reviewing work order, tie-in sheets, operator's or setup documents, blueprints or CATIA plots. Review Work Order (W/O) to ensure that correct material (e.g., type and quantity) and tools or fixtures were issued and are free from visible defects, update job tracking systems, as required.
* Identify type of set-up required.
* Check machine(s) set-up and/or parts completed by previous operator to determine progress on a job and ensure safe working conditions, as required.
* Select accessories and holding devises for machine(s) (e.g., chucks, vises, turntables, templates). Verify that apparatus is in good condition.
* Identify fixtures, shop aids or templates to be built and fabricate, as required.
* Attach machine accessories, tools, fixtures (e.g., coolant lines, air nozzles, suction devises), shop aides and gears using dial indicators, edge finders, wrenches, bolts, clamps and overhead cranes. Upload/download (CNC) Computer Numerical Controlled programs to machine controller(s), using computing equipment from various servers/data bases.
* Select and check cutting tools per program or CNC documents.
* Ensure cutters are the correct type, length, diameter, radius and are in good condition.
* Install cutters into holder.
* Set correct cutter gage length, check and adjust tool run-out and balance high speed cutters, as required.
* Load and unload cutters following program information or set-up documents, using tool holders, spindle tapers, hand tools (e.g., wrenches, mallets, spanners) and/or overhead cranes.
* Set machine(s) coordinates or index points per CNC documents, including cutter offset/compensations, tool heights, and probes, using controller keyboard, coax indicator or digital readout; height blocks, shims and edge finders.
* Upload/download cell controller programs.
* Troubleshoot and repair minor controller problems, as required.
* Run CNC programs to machine rough and precision cut parts following NC documents.
* Monitor machine(s) during operation for unusual vibration or sounds.
* Watch machine gauges controller display, machine monitoring equipment or digital readout for warnings visually check cutter path, clearance, chips to ensure smooth operation.
* Adjust machine settings (e.g., speeds and feeds) to correct machining problems or to prepare machine for next operation in sequence, including; head, spindle or wheel angles.
* Perform minor editing of CNC programs per shop requirements.
* Remove all sharp edges for safe handling with a de-burring tool and/or file, as required.
* Perform Statistical Process Control (SPC) functions, as required. Handle and dispose of hazardous materials (e.g., coolants, solvents) in approved manner per Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), as required.
* Check work after completion of each operation in job and/or completed job to ensure parts are complete per drawing and that there are no defects (e.g., tool marks, mismatch, incorrect cutter finish).
* Maintain personal and tool certifications, as required.
* Perform machine accuracy checks (e.g., measuring equipment, calibrations) using probes.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Resumes of current Puget Sound Boeing employees submitted via Careers at Boeing will be considered as this job is not installed in QTTP. This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. High school graduate or GED preferred.
Experience determining if discrepancies exist by obtaining information from multiple sources (e.g., drawings, specifications).
Experience using a computer such as internet navigation, email, Microsoft Office and/or other specialized computer applications.
Must have at least 1 year of experience using precision measuring equipment such as bore gages, calipers, micrometers, depth micrometers, gage pins.
Experience reading and interpreting assembly instructions or drawings.
At least 1 year of experience setting, checking and detecting faulty cutting tools and taking action when machine and associated equipment malfunctions occur.
At least 1 year of experience operating 3, 4, or 5 axis NC/CNC machine tools.
Experience working with various equipment such as cranes and forklifts.
Able to work any shift.
This position requires constant standing and walking, frequent bending at the waist, twisting, pushing/pulling, occasional kneeling and crawling, and lifting and carrying up to 35 pounds.
Contingent Upon Program Award