8 months ago
Fleet Distribution Clerk
If you are looking for a career with a company that is as high energy as you are, join the Avis Budget Group (Nasdaq: CAR) team. Along with our subsidiaries and licensees, we provide a complete range of vehicle rental services through 10,000 rental locations in three operating regions: North America; Europe, Middle East & Africa (EMEA); and Latin America/Asia-Pacific. That means we are serving customers in approximately 175 countries around the world. We are headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. and own and operate most Avis Budget Group car rental offices in North America, Europe and Australia, and operate primarily through licensees in other parts of the world. As a Customer Led, Service driven organization, our approximately 28,000 employees are empowered to make decisions and move things forward.
Avis Budget Group is an action-packed, high-energy workplace where things move forward every day. We are a customer-led, service-driven organization that offers an enthusiastic, family-friendly and collaborative work environment where you can expect to be developed, recognized and rewarded for a job well done.
As a Distribution Clerk you will oversee and facilitate the fluctuation of cars into and between locations in Edmonton and surrounding areas. Interact indirectly with customers by ensuring proper employee and vehicle placement, and recovery of Roadside events.
• Monitors the ready line and communicates with all levels of Avis and Budget employees regarding the fluctuating car inventory and availability.
• Oversees the entire lot coordination of cars and employees from check in area, Service Island, to ready line.
• Assists Rental Sales Agents with counter sales by providing information on available specialty vehicles while retaining the proper amount of these vehicles for existing reservations.
• Directs Lead Shuttle Drivers and Shuttle Crews to ensure smooth car movement and availability.
• Assists internal and external customers with all inquiries and concerns in a professional and friendly manner both on the telephone and in person.
• Assists/Advises customers with Emergency Roadside Service Calls, Vehicle Exchanges, Lost and Found inquiries, Lot Exiting Procedures, and with any other needs.
• Follows and maintains Quality Assurance Standards as issued by the company.
• Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
We offer a wide range of exciting benefits for Full time employees, including:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision
• Basic Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts
• Training opportunities
• Opportunities to make charitable donations
• Voluntary unpaid time off
Candidates must provide a Driver’s Abstract and references during the interview process
Please note that accommodations are available on request for applicants in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require a specific accommodation due to a disability please contact the recruiter, who would be pleased to assist you.
Basic Qualification / Minimum Requirements:
• High School diploma or equivalent
• 3-5 years Office Experience
• Minimum of 1 year previous customer service experience
• Strong organization skills are required and ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Computer Knowledge
• Good Decision Making Skills
• Ability to work flexible schedule including weekends, evenings, and holidays
• Ability to work in varying environments, such as indoors and outdoors
• Ability to maintain and project professional behaviors
• Valid Drivers License and good driving record
Email Employer Website