11 months ago
Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 12/04/2018
Posting Close Date: 12/11/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm EST)
If you’re looking for an organization where teamwork, passion and vision are the rule, then WestJet Encore is where your career can truly take off. WestJet has always been defined by an award-winning culture, and the consistently remarkable WestJet guest experience. It’s those qualities that are making WestJet Encore Canada’s favourite regional airline. To continue our success, we need dedicated, talented and passionate professionals.
Encore pilots are leaders who hold themselves to the highest personal and professional standards at all times. Behind the controls, Encore pilots focus on safe and comfortable on-time performance. The leadership opportunities continue on the ground, by lending a helping hand to guests and fellow crew members. Contributing to a remarkable experience every day for both our guests and WestJet teams is all in a day’s work for our Encore pilots.
WestJet Encore offers a fresh opportunity to build your career with an organization powered by progressive leadership, strategies and practices. If you want to rise above the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, where each day invites you to aim higher, WestJet Encore is the place for you.
Qualifications (the following minimum qualifications are required prior to offer of employment):
* Legally entitled to work in Canada
* Transport Canada Airline Transport Pilot’s License (ATPL) is preferred
* 1000 hours total time (fixed-wing preferred)
* 200 hours fixed-wing pilot-in-command time (multi-engine or high performance single engine turbine PIC preferred)
* 250 hours fixed-wing multi-engine time is preferred (high performance single engine multi-crew turbine can be included towards your multi-engine experience, i.e. PC-12)
* 250 hours multi-crew experience is preferred
* Valid Transport Canada Group 1 instrument rating
* Valid Transport Canada Class 1 medical certificate
* Completion of either the IATRA or the SAMRA AND SARON
* High School diploma
* Oral and written proficiency in English
* Current valid passport (and Canadian Permanent Resident Card if you are not a holder of a Canadian passport)
* All required visas or travel documents allowing you to freely travel unrestricted
* Restricted Area Identification Card (RAIC) obtained prior to the completion of Initial Ground School
* As per our Alcohol and Drug Policy all offers of employment are conditional on passing a pre-employment alcohol and drug screening test.
* Clear police background and criminal record checks
* Ability to work within a dynamic team
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Adaptable and flexible to change
* Professional and committed to upholding WestJet values
* Scheduled airline and/or military flight experience
* Glass cockpit and/or FMS experience
* Post-secondary education
* Internal WestJet and/or WestJet Encore referral
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America and the Caribbean. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.