3 months ago
Financial Specialist II (2018-014)
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Financial Specialist II (2018-014)
Astronics Advanced Electronic Systems (AES) is a division of Astronics Corporation (ATRO). AES is an industry leader in aircraft electrical power systems, including generation and distribution. Our markets include commercial transport (Boeing and Airbus), business jet (several), and military platforms. We are the world leader in in-seat power for laptops and other devices with our EMPOWER® product line. We are also a leading innovator of electronic circuit breakers and power distribution systems for business jets with our COREPOWER® product line. Astronics' revenues have grown at 28% average growth rate over the last 5 years. AES, based in Kirkland Washington, has 500 employees, and has won awards as the best place to work on the Seattle Eastside for 11 years consecutively.
The Financial Specialist will perform a variety of routine duties of an accounting nature including payroll input and processing.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Gathering and reviewing for accuracy all payroll data for input into ADP processing program.
* Coordinate employee wage and benefit information with the Human Resources department.
* Prepares vouchers, account statements, reports, and other payroll records related to bi-weekly payroll processing.
* Assist in preparation of monthly & quarterly payroll accruals and reconciliations.
* Responsible for accounting functions such as accounts receivable or accounts payable.
* Audits invoices against purchase orders, researches discrepancies, and approves for payment.
* Maintain knowledge of Federal and state regulations as they relate to payroll processing.
* Maintain knowledge of Washington State sales tax regulations as they relate to manufacturing.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required and two years related experience.
Payroll input and processing experience required.
Background in Accounts Payable processing.
Basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and ADP.
Eligibility Requirement: Must be a US Person (under ITAR rules) to be eligible
Astronics AES is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Astronics AES is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.