10 months ago
Are you passionate about reaching new heights, teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions, Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
A vacancy exists for the position of Financial Services Analyst. This position reports to the Manager, Financial Services, Global Sales.
* Ensure effective financial managing processes/systems and controls are developed, implemented and maintained in accordance with policies and requirements
* Establish a positive relationship with management of client Business Units to become "part of the team", effectively balancing financial control, advisory and support roles
* Assist clients in all financial aspects of the management control process (i.e. Month-end accruals, Invoice validation, tracking and processing assistance//Forecast/Budget/Implement/Measure and Evaluate/Adjust)
* Provide financial support and guidance to business unit managers in the development of strategies and initiatives to meet or exceed the Unit's financial goals, including revenue enhancement and/or cost reduction initiatives
* Keep track of monthly operating expenses, producing monthly and ad hoc expense reports in order to improve expense and budget management
* Participate and provide support to the analysis of the financial performance of the business unit
* Perform cost and value comparisons for new projects or contracts, using internal and external data to continuously improve the financial performance of the business unit
* Ensure a consistently high level of quality in service provided relative to timeliness, accuracy, and user-friendly output
* Undergraduate degree in Finance and/or Accounting
* CPA designation completed/underway is a preferred asset
* Self-starter, energetic with strong sense of initiative and creativity
* Solid analytical skills
* Knowledge of financial analysis techniques and accounting cycle
* Experience/knowledge of company/airline operations is an asset
* Well-developed Microsoft Excel skills and ability to learn financial software/applications
* Results driven with good organization skills and ability to work under pressure
* Excellent communication skills, oral and written
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Based on equal qualifications, preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
At Air Canada, we want to fly higher when it comes to employment equity. We, therefore, encourage applications from Aboriginal peoples, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.
: Finance/ Accounting / Audit