11 months ago
ALASKA AIRLINES' STORY
Alaska Airlines is one of the most respected names in aviation and flies throughout its namesake state and the Lower 48, as well as to Hawaii, Canada, Mexico and Costa Rica. Our roots date to 1932 and are symbolized by the Alaska Native painted on the tails of our aircraft. Guided by what we call the "Alaska Spirit", we pride ourselves on providing a lifeline to remote communities while delivering renowned service to everyone we fly. This commitment has brought us national and international recognition. We've been honored with a variety of awards by readers of Travel + Leisure, Conde Nast Traveler, USA Today and others. Alaska, with Virgin America, is the premier airline for people on the West Coast, and together with its sister carrier Horizon Air, flies to more than 115 destinations. The two airlines are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE:ALK) with annual revenues exceeding $7 billion.
The Financial Planning & Analysis team is a trusted partner for senior leadership driving change and moving the business forward in a highly visible role. As a member of our FP&A team you will find talented individuals who embody the Alaska spirit, demand high performance, and deliver results to our internal customers. The ideal candidate is optimistic, open minded and curious, comfortable in a fast paced, changing environment, and understands airline business is won and lost on the margins. Therefore, we are constantly striving to do a little bit better while driving costs down.
Scope & Complexity
- This position supports financial planning activities for Alaska Air Group (AAG) and its subsidiaries.
- Assists in the preparation of financial analyses to support AAG decision making, including 3-year metrics reporting, key performance indicator modeling, product line profitability, competitive analysis and industry benchmarking, and what-if scenarios, etc.
- Works with division controllers and other division leaders throughout company to develop variance reporting and analysis and monthly forecasts.
- Maintains models to support company activities (e.g., labor reports, industry comparisons, cost and revenue forecasts, fuel price scenarios, etc.).
- Assists Cost Center Managers with individual problems of planning, cost control, budget preparation, variance research, and business case preparation.
- Assists in monthly closing process for various divisions where needed, including accruals, PO system management, invoice review and research, and data entry into relevant support databases/models.
- Provides ad-hoc analysis and input as required to support division financial decisions, company presentations, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1 year of demonstrated analytical experience.
- A Bachelor of Arts or a Bachelor of Science degree, with a focus in finance, accounting, economics, or a related discipline.
- Knowledge of accounting/finance fundamentals.
- Confidence with Microsoft Excel and databases in general, including experience with a variety of Excel's math functions, pivot tables, and some general exposure to query language.
- Knowledge of airline fundamentals and economics.
- Strong organizational and presentation skills.
- A bias for action, detail-driven, and the ability to understand overriding goals.
- Self-starter who is able to set and balance priorities and work independently.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills and an ability to explain complex concepts to audiences of varying organizational levels.
- Ability to clearly communicate (verbally/written/presentation) to individuals at all levels of the company.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job-Specific Leadership Expectations
- Embody our values to own safety, do the right thing, be kind-hearted, deliver performance, and be remarkable.
The location for this position is in Seattle, Washington
OUR CULTURE - ALASKA AIRLINES
For eligible employees, our company offers a unique total rewards package that few companies can match, including insurance coverage for medical, dental and vision care, 401(k) retirement savings plans, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program. Our values reflect who we are at work and in our communities: Own Safety, Do the Right Thing, Be Kind-Hearted, Deliver Performance, and Be Remarkable. Alaska Airlines also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers. You can accomplish this by going to the Tools tab.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~ If you would like to include a cover letter, add it as your first page to your resume. Your resume is part of your application and unique to each position you apply to.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air do not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants are also protected by law.
Alaska Airlines y Horizon Air no toleran discriminacion o acoso en base a raza, color, credo, religion, origen nacional, estatus migratorio de residencia o ciudadania, edad, sexo, orientacion sexual, identidad de genero o expresion, estado civil, discapacidad, estado veterano protegido, informacion genetica o cualquier otra base protegida por la legislacion aplicable. Empleados o aspirantes que indaguen, discutan o revelen su compensacion o la remuneracion de otros empleados o aspirantes tambien estan protegidos por ley.