11 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis, the Financial Analyst, Operations is responsible for supporting the Operations team on a wide range of regular and ad-hoc initiatives, including financial analyses, the annual zero-based budget process, tracking and analyzing the financial performance of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support the annual zero-based budgeting process. Activities include building budget templates in Excel as well as Prophix, working with departmental managers to prepare budget submissions, analyzing expenses, identifying cost-saving and value-enhancing initiatives, consolidating budgets and preparing executive summaries, monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the department, and other required tasks
* Monitor and analyze performance of revenue enhancing and cost-saving initiatives. Work with operations to develop business cases and establish performance tracking metrics. Provide monthly summaries to support executive review
* Work with the financial reporting team to analyze financial statements as well as account detail to identify and explain budget variances on a monthly basis
* Evaluate CAPEX proposals, providing detailed financial analysis and business insight
* Prepare analyses for senior management on a wide range of operational and financial initiatives
* Establish and maintain internal relationships with management and non-management
* Develop, maintain and improve models and templates in Excel and Prophix to be used for recurring financial analyses, long-term forecasting, and budgeting purposes
* Provide timely and accurate financial reports to departmental leaders
* Assist with or respond to other ad-hoc financial requests
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field; MBA or CPA an asset
* 1-2 years of experience in an analytical role, working with financial information
* Expert abilities with Microsoft Excel with a proficiency in PowerPoint
* Self-starter with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a high degree of accuracy
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Proven ability to professionally handle confidential financial information
* Strong understanding of financial statement analysis and projection
* Working knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
* Experience with complex financial analysis
* Knowledge of MS Dynamics and Prophix an asset
* Aviation industry experience is an asset, but not required
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport - YTZ
* Post Date October 19, 2017
* Reference ID 09-24-44