7 months ago
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products, and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline is a regional airline headquartered in Indianapolis, operating fixed-fee flights for American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, and United Airlines. The Company’s fleet consists of nearly 190 Embraer 170/175s, offering approximately 950 flights daily to 100 cities in the U.S., Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. Our crew bases include Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Kansas City, MO (MCI), Miami, FL (MIA), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). We have 10 maintenance bases: Charlotte, NC (CLT), Chicago, IL (ORD), Columbus, OH (CMH), Indianapolis, IN (IND), Louisville, KY (SDF), Newark, NJ (EWR), New York, NY (LGA), Philadelphia, PA (PHL), Pittsburgh, PA (PIT) and Washington, D.C. (DCA). With more than 5,500 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway! For more information, please visit our website at .
Duties and Responsibilities
Assists in the preparation of budgets and forecasts for the Company with specific focus on select line items (Cost Centers). Prepares and analyses budget vs. actuals on a monthly basis. Researches and resolves variances and discrepancies.
* Assists in the preparation of annual and 5-year budgets. Meets with cost center owners and presents budgets to executive management team.
* Assists in the preparation of quarterly forecasts. Presents reports to management summarizing expenses and assists in adjusting the forecast based on findings.
* Prepares various financial reports on an on-going basis, such as monthly budget vs. actual comparisons; formulates monthly financial review documents, monthly cost center reports, etc.
* Analyzes monthly results of all expenses and expenditures including labor costs, overtime, etc. Ensures proper coding of expenses with the general ledger. Researches and resolves any discrepancies or variances. Attends meetings with respective cost center owners and VPs.
* Assists in the preparation of reports for the Board of Directors.
* Performs other duties, analyses, reports, and presentations as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Bachelor's degree (B.A. / B.S.) in Accounting, Industrial Engineering Operations, Industrial Management, Statistics, Mathematics, or Business Analytics
* Finance or related field or the equivalent combination of education and experience
* At least 1 year of related experience
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills
* Strong analytical skills
* At least 3 years financial reporting experience preferred
# of Openings Remaining 1
Pos. Category Finance