3 months ago
Field Support Technician
About the Organization
Astronics is a leading supplier of advanced technologies and products to the global aerospace, defense and semiconductor industries. Astronics' products and services include advanced, high-performance electrical power generation and distribution systems, seat motion solutions, lighting and safety systems, avionics products, aircraft structures, systems certification and automated test systems.
Astronics' strategy is to increase its value by developing technologies and capabilities, either internally or through acquisition, and using those capabilities to provide innovative solutions to its targeted markets and other markets where its technology can be beneficial.
Astronics, through its wholly-owned subsidiaries, has a reputation for high-quality designs, exceptional responsiveness, strong brand recognition and best-in-class manufacturing practices.
Field Support Technician (Armstrong)
Perform installations, inspections, alterations, maintenance and preventative maintenance on aircraft.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Fully analyzes all required blueprints, drawings, work orders and sketches in order to troubleshoot, repair and install desired product or part. Is able to detect errors and correct through proper departmental channels.
* Checks all mechanical components prior to installation to prevent damage.
* Works effectively with Engineering in recommending design enhancements and productivity improvements.
* Conduct on-aircraft radio frequency compatibility analysis and testing.
* Manage and perform on-site pre-test activities that include equipment logistic and calibration.
* Manage and conduct on-aircraft survey for installed avionic systems and equipment.
* Act as on-site project lead and the technical representative to interface directly with customers, the airline operators, and FAA witnessing test pilots.
* Coordinate with customers, airline operators, and FAA witnessing test pilots to ensure the readiness, to plan test sequence, and to execute the on-aircraft testing.
* Work with the customers, airline operators, and FAA witnessing test pilots to analyze, investigate, and troubleshoot test results as needed.
* Collect and submit data and results of on-aircraft testing, survey, and analysis to in-office Analysis and Certification Engineers
* Provide support to the post-test data analysis and STC certification processes.
* Design, troubleshoot, and repair test equipment, cables, fixtures, and fittings as needed.
* Interface with venders, contractors, and manufactures to procure adequate equipment and other hardware to ensure the performance and quality of the testing.
* Support other electrical/electronic related manufacturing and engineering actives as needed.
* Develop parts lists/BOM's for piece-part, assembly and installation designs.
* Provide support capacity to Configuration Management.
* Incorporate model/drawing updates via redlines.
* Follow the engineering change order (ECO), revision, and configuration management process.
* Coordinate between Engineering and Manufacturing for prototypes under direction on Program Managers.
* Provide changes for manual updates.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience
* Associates of Science Degree in a related technical and/or equivalent field
* Familiarity and/or experience in the aviation/aerospace industry
* Knowledge of all aircraft mechanical systems functions and interactions
* Working knowledge of all current FAA Regulations and IPM.
* Working knowledge of blueprints, work orders and task cards to determine type of configuration and special instructions prior to installation.
* Knowledge of aircraft accessories, components and other hardware.
* Bachelors of Science Degree in a related technical and/or equivalent field.
* Two-plus years of experience working with electrical/electronic instruments, equipment, and fixtures
* Two-plus years of experience working with radio frequencies and electromagnetic power
* Two-plus years of demonstrated leadership/management experience
* Two-plus years of experience working in field projects that require traveling
Astronics CSC Itasca (1437)
As needed nationally and internationally, approximately 50-75%
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.