8 months ago
Field Sales Engineer
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 56838BR Date posted 11/21/City Independence
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We have an immediate opening for a Field Sales Engineer in Independence, OH.
Presale support activities, identification of customer product needs, conducting of feasibility and performance studies.
Typical Roles/Area of Focus:
Responsibilities will generally focus on one or more of the following:
• Sales Engineering
• Sales Applications
• Customer Training as required
Level of Responsibility:
• Responsible for entire projects with significant scope and complexity
• Contributes to the department or business unit by applying your advanced knowledge of one or more functional
• May develop and coach others
• Expert knowledge that extends across multiple disciplines
• Assists the Program Management and Engineering functions with development of new business opportunities
• Represents the needs of the customer within the organization
• Acts as a Liaison between the Customer and UTAS Engineering for technical issues
• Establish Customer rapport through product improvement and cost reduction activities
• Prior hands-on Landing Gear (teardown & assembly) experience preferred
• Responsible for complying with UTC’s “Code of Ethics,” the “Policy Statement on Business Ethics and Conduct
in Contracting with the U.S. Government,” and related policies.
• In executing his/her responsibilities, incumbent shall take all steps necessary to foster open communications and to
support UTC’s compliance, business practices, DIALOG, and Ombudsman programs.
All Employees Shall:
• Comply with the EH&S Policy and applicable regulatory and company EH&S rules and requirements
• Report to supervision conditions or practices that are either unsafe or that may adversely impact the environment, to ensure prompt resolution of potential hazards
• Attend scheduled EH&S training program
• Actively support the organization’s efforts to meet or exceed EH&S goals and plans
• Recommend improved EH&S practices
* Demonstrated program management with significant scope and complexity
* Customer experience dealing with technical issues
* Prior hands-on Landing Gear (teardown & assembly or maintenance) experience
Must be able to verify U.S. Person Status as defined by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
BA/BS degree with 6+ years’ work related experience or two years relevant experience substituted for one year of college
MA/MS degree with 4+ years’ work related experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.