about 1 year ago
1) Summary of Job Purpose:
Manage all day-to-day facilities operations in a corporate and manufacturing environment. Oversee facilities personnel, who services include maintenance, safety and security and related vendors. Plans, schedules and executes maintenance and repairs in the facility.
2) Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* - Coordinates, oversees and/or manages repair and maintenance work assignments performed by technicians, vendors or contractors performing machine maintenance, facilities maintenance and janitorial work.
* - Perform upkeep and preventative maintenance (PM) on machines and necessary tools
* - Maintain PM logs and Equipment manuals
* - Set priority on repairs to be performed
* - Complies with all safety policies, practices and procedures
* - Responsible for performance review and disciplinary action for direct report
* - Ensure standards set by overseeing regulatory agencies including but not limited to CalOSHA, SCQMD, DTSC are met for the equipment maintenance, pollution control standards, modification of equipment, waste shipments
* - Establish operating procedures and oversee the maintenance of plant building
* - Procurement of all equipment parts and maintenance supplies with assistance of purchasing department and finance
* - Work with operations manager for ensuring employees are properly trained and using equipment
* - Plan and organize departmental system, procedure, and control costs for an effective operation
* - Promotes safe work environment and workspace organization through 5S principles
* - Distributes projects and tasks appropriately to achieve proper maintenance and continuous improvement
* - Identifies and corrects unsafe conditions or practices to assure a safe work environment for all employees
* - Communicates and responds with process owners and coordinates potential process interruptions due to maintenance or repairs
* - Ensures that paperwork and the work-orders from Maintenance Department are completed accurately and timely per client KPI
* - Safely use hand tools, power tools and test instruments to maintain, troubleshoot and repair various types of equipment
* - Inspect, maintain and report electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems in all departments of facility including process equipment, interior and exterior
* - Responsible for problem solving process to resolve and/or mitigate those issues that may negatively impact production
* - On call 24/7 to handle emergency calls: burglar alarms, fire alarms, and facility(s) issues
(Please note this position is located in our Costa Mesa, CA office)
3) Required Competencies:
Education / Experience:
* - High school diploma/GED
* - Minimum of 2 years of machine maintenance technician experience
Basic knowledge, functionality and use of machining equipment, such as milling machines, punch presses, lathes, and CNC machines
* - Knowledge of electrical systems and maintenance
* - Minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance in a manufacturing environment
* - Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
* - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident (i.e. green card holder), political asylee or refugee
Candidates external to Safran: No relocation is offered for this position so only considering candidates within a 50 mile radius of the Sagem Avionics, LLC Costa Mesa facility
* - Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* - Experience using an ERP system
* - Ability to read, write and speak in English
* - Requires the use of shop mathematics, fairly complicated drawings, specifications, formulas and a variety of precision measuring instruments
* - Ability to communicate effectively
* - Must be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and be flexible in working on multiple projects simultaneously.
* - Knowledge of blue print reading
4) Physical Requirements :
* - Moderate heavy physical exertion
* - Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
* - Ability to work at heights required
* - Ability to work with electricity required
* - Must be able to stand for up to periods of two hours at a time
* - Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.