4 months ago
This position is located in Springfield, VA. The ideal candidate will be well organized, detail-oriented and driven. We are seeking a highly motivated individual who can hit the ground running in a high-pace organization. This is the perfect opportunity to build a career with the Boeing Company.
- Designs the methodologies and leads in the development and formalization of integrated baseline project management plans: team charters, work and organizational breakdown structures, quality planning, change management process and project closure, to ensure controls are in place throughout project life cycle.
- Consolidates independently generated project data-, by interfacing with functional specialist on cross-functional teams, to ensure stakeholder understanding of trade-offs amongst cost, schedule, quality and risk.
- Recommends appropriate actions to stakeholders to satisfy project goals and objectives.
- Acts as consultant to enterprise in the design, development and implementation of project management processes and systems.
- Develops project plan for enterprise level projects, in accordance with accepted project management principles based on Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) (R).
- Evaluates existing and designs new change control processes, for integration across enterprise wide projects. Leads project change control board, to ensure deviations from the baseline plan are properly documented and submitted for approval or rejection on highly significant enterprise projects. Incorporates approved changes into work statements, cost and schedule baselines.
- Establishes scoping processes for identifying and documenting necessary requirements and leads project teams to ensure consistent application of processes across the enterprise.
- Validates scoping processes with the project teams, ensuring appropriate standards, guidelines, regulations and procedures are applied.
- Leads in the scoping of highly significant enterprise wide projects to ensure effective integration and to minimize project risks. Develops and consults on scheduling tools and techniques for the enterprise.
- Establishes baseline critical path schedule, using computing software, to integrate elements of the work breakdown structure and resources, for highly significant enterprise wide projects.
- Monitors milestones and task activities to ensure timely completion of project. Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure schedule commitments are met.
- Develops and consults to enterprise management on cost management tools and techniques to identify resources needed to complete project activities.
Establishes and monitors cost baseline, for highly significant, enterprise wide projects, using earned value management system.
- Performs variance analysis and makes recommendations for change, to ensure cost targets are met. Identifies and formalizes required communication to project sponsors, stakeholders and senior managers on highly significant enterprise projects, for purpose of communicating project(s) status, identifying issues and recommending resolutions.
- Designs project management tools to identify and assess risks for the enterprise. Leads in risk assessment of complex and highly significant projects.
- Provides expert consultation to project and senior managers in the development of risk response plans to minimize project risk.
- Consults with enterprise management to establish and negotiate procurement strategies and tactics.
- Develops the means by which all necessary goods and services will be provided, using all appropriate guidelines and procedures, in order to ensure project budget and schedule are met.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active US Current Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- A current active Top Secret U. S. Security Clearance
- Ability to Obtain Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) with a Counterintelligence Polygraph U.S. Security Clearance post-start
- 10 years or more Project Manager or Construction Management Experience
- 7 years of more experience with Electrical or Power Generation Systems
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Facilities and O&M experience
- Proficiency using SAP
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience working with Federal Government agencies
Bachelor's and typically 15 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 13 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION: Work location will actually be in Springfield, VA.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award