6 months ago
Facilities Project Coordinator
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Job ID 58987BR Date posted 01/09/City Rockford
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment onboard. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 150 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Do you want to be a part of a global business, creating innovative solutions for the aerospace industry’s biggest customers? This is the core of what we do in the Electric, Environmental & Engine Systems (ES) business. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, ES focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
We are looking for a Facilities Project Coordinator to support the Electric Power Systems Facilities Team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Simultaneously managing multiple small, medium and large projects in facilities, manufacturing and test lab. Projects will range from very small to very large and long-duration capital projects. Projects will be factory and test lab renovations, building/construction modifications, new equipment installation, infrastructure upgrades, new building equipment installation, etc.
Assisting internal customers to help them clearly identify the total scope of work for projects. Work with EHS department to ensure all project safety, health and environmental risks are controlled.
Creating detailed plans, drawings, and specifications for use by maintenance personnel and/or contractors. When necessary, work with architects, engineers and other subject matter experts to create a clear set of project plans.
Creating detailed cost estimates. Manage projects to ensure that financial commitments are met.
Ordering materials as necessary for projects.
Writing work orders to internal resources. Work with facilities supervisors to schedule resources as necessary. Issue purchase orders to vendors and subcontractors when necessary to perform work. Oversee the quality, safety and performance of the contractor. Ensure that Quality/FOD requirements are met.
Conducting project status meetings involving all key stakeholders. Communicate clearly with all levels of management.
Creating detailed project schedules using Microsoft Project software to organize the execution of the work such that the project is completed on schedule.
Conducting frequent site visits to projects. Ensure that quality, safety and schedules are adhered to.
Ensuring that projects are completed safely, all tasks are completed, financial commitments are met and the internal customer is highly satisfied with the final deliverable.
* Excellent organizational skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Work in a collaborative team environment.
* Knowledge of facilities, construction and maintenance practices.
* SAP/SRM knowledge is a plus.
* AutoCAD experience is a plus.
* Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees including engineers, managers, directors, executives, construction contractors, maintenance technicians, supervisors, etc.
* Strong knowledge of mechanical, electrical and structural building systems.
* High degree of ability to interface with the customer and internal staff, make independent decisions, and recognize and solve problems with little or no supervision.
* Capable of working in a demanding environment with aggressive timeframes, and organizing conflicting time, energy and customer demands.
* Ability to influence and lead project teams.
* Strong oral and written communication skills.
* Excellent follow-up skills required.
* Dependability and regular attendance required.
* Ability to occasionally work additional off-shift/weekends when/if necessary.
Bachelor's degree in either Facilities Management, Project Management, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.