about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10340
Location: US - New York - Woodstock
Functional Area: Operations
Division: AHV - Thermal Management
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Experience Required: 5 - 7 Years
Hours of Work:
Travel Percentage: 0
The Facilities & Maintenance Manager / Project Engineer will be responsible for managing the Facilities / Maintenance department as well as designing and driving projects aimed at both improving our facility infrastructure and the installation of capital equipment at our Woodstock location. This position reports directly into the VP Operations.
• Accomplishes maintenance human resource objectives by selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions; recommending compensation actions; adhering to policies and procedures.
• Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems.
• Meets maintenance financial standards in executing the annual cost center budget; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
• Plan, design and oversee the reconfiguration, maintenance, and changes of facility equipment, production equipment, buildings, structures and other facilities
• Gather and review data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion dates and project feasibility
• Review and estimate project costs including equipment, installation, labor materials, area preparation and other related costs
• Provide mechanical engineering expertise in areas of industrial heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems, building automation systems, process piping, pumps, air compressors, and domestic water piping
• Establishes key performance indicators in alignment with project goals, maintain and report applicable metrics
• Supports management in developing capital budgets and executes to budget throughout the fiscal year
• Experience supporting and implementing Lean Continuous Improvement methodologies
• Uses appropriate process improvement tools and methodologies to lead Lean Continuous Improvement projects that deliver significant operational improvement and financial benefits.
• Communicates and performs presentations to all levels of management
• Builds and maintains a positive employee relations environment
• Ensures safety practices are maintained within the site and all regulatory requirements are met and exceeded
• Manage multiple projects at the same time ensuring project timeliness and schedule is achieved
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree
• 3-5 years’ experience in a supervisory role within a manufacturing environment
• 5-10 years’ experience in industrial facilities with HVAC systems, chillers, process piping and leading capital equipment installations
• Ability to interface with a diverse workforce, including contingent workforce
• Leadership skills to influence the actions and opinions of others in a desire direction to exhibit judgment in leading others to worthwhile objectives
• Demonstrated excellent analytical and logical thinking to understand and analyze complex business processes
• Excellent verbal & written communications – Able to clearly present information and influence or persuade others through oral presentation in positive or negative circumstance.
• Ability to create and lead cross functional teams in support of assigned projects
• Outstanding tactical execution – must possess a sense of urgency.
• Experience utilizing lean processes and concepts as well as lean manufacturing
• Exposure to lean manufacturing/organizational development / change management
• The ability to work independent of direct daily supervision
• Enthusiasm, dynamism, and a positive, can-do attitude
• Strong computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets and databases is a plus
• Ability to multi-task and to adapt to changing priorities
• Effective listening skills
• Critical thinking — using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
• Complex problem solving — identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
• Tolerance of ambiguity – able to withhold action or speech in the absence of important information; deal with unresolved situations, frequent change, delays or unexpected events
• Commitment to task – able to start and persist with specific courses of action, while exhibiting high motivation and a sense of urgency;
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization
• Ability to look at situations from several points of view
• Persuasive with details and facts
• Delegate responsibilities effectively
• High comfort level working in a diverse environment
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.