The Facility Maintenance Coordinator is primarily responsible for maintaining the interior and exterior of the Center's building and grounds in a clean, safe, and sanitized manner.
Individual locations may specify additional duties.
High School diploma or G.E.D. with six to twelve months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
One year's experience in supervisory/managment capacity of two (2) or more employees.
Valid Driver's License.
Any general licensing regarding electrical, plumbing, HVAC or other mechanical skills would be preferable, but not required.
Fluency in English, through both verbal and written communications; able to speak, understand, read, and write
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to read and interpret mechanical and electrical schematic drawings.
- Inspect grounds and arrange for policing of areas including simulator bays
- Act as liaison with landscaping contractors and specialized vendors
- Maintain break rooms in clean and fresh condition throughout the day
- Maintain coffee machines, ice dispensers and other vending machines
- Organize and stock storerooms,kitchens, and lounges
- Respond to plumbing problems and liaison with plumbing contractor if needed
- Perform minor building maintenance and routine painting, plumbing, electrical, and other related maintenance activities.
- Responsible for inspections and related record keeping.
- Monitor Fire Alarm and Security Alarm systems
- Advise manager of need for major repairs and/or additions
- Liaison with approved contractors/vendors
- Coordinate budget requirements
- Maintain service records
- Assist with shipping activities if required
- May be required to run business errands and unload supplies
- Participate in Learning Center Safety Management System (SMS) activities including: supporting and promoting the safety culture, reporting all aviation safety-related issues via the feedback system, and adhering to the processes related to accomplishing SMS goals.
- Accountable for accuracy and completeness of assigned tasks
- Able to adhere to work schedule including prompt and regular attendance
- Maintain commitment to customer satisfaction
- Interact within a coooperataive environment through beneficial behavior, commitment to common goals, contribution to problem solving, communication of ideas and suggestions, and encouragement to others
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move to to 10 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.