6 months ago
L3 WESCAM is an exciting company providing systems that capture stabilized, high-magnification images from fixed-wing, rotary-wing, UAV, aerostat and ground based platforms. From low-altitude tactical missions to long-range covert surveillance missions, images are transmitted in real-time to fixed and mobile receive locations for immediate interpretation. WESCAM's MX-Series of Electro-optic and Infrared (EO/IR), laser, surveillance and targeting systems provide unparalleled image stability and long-range detection capability to Defense/Military, Homeland Security, Search and Rescue and Airborne law enforcement agencies worldwide. Our dominance of the airborne platform space has positioned us for explosive and game changing growth into ground-based markets.
WESCAM offers a challenging and dynamic work environment. Work with leading-edge technology and tools, alongside some of the best thought leaders in our industry, in an environment that values work/life balance. Benefits include every second Friday off with pay (9/80 work schedule) in addition to regular vacation and public holidays, free on-site gym, free fruit, free bagels on the last day of the week, a strong focus on continuing education and much more. Most of all, WESCAM is working towards a noble cause. Our work has a direct link to saving people's lives and safeguarding freedom around the world. We truly do make a difference in our work and in the world!
Learn more about the history of WESCAM....
Tasks to be Accomplished
* Ensures a safe work environment in conjunction with the company’s joint EH&S committee
* Ensures that all electrical, mechanical, HVAC systems and fire safety equipment are functioning properly, assist in troubleshooting in the event of failure.
* Provides MACs (Move Adds & Changes) to accommodate staffing requests and employee growth
* Provides prompt response/ solutions to all facilities / maintenance work order requests
* Completes daily/weekly/monthly tasks, inspections to ensure the facility is fully operational, clean and properly maintained
* Complete necessary repairs and or liaise with designated outside contractors to ensure cost effective preventative maintenance as well as routine building maintenance work
* Document SOPs that is in-line with maintaining a safe work environment
* Document and electronically file all related maintenance work
* Solicits quotes, prepares requisitions for approval for required facilities supplies and services
* Working with the Facilities Manager overseeing the installation of new equipment/ furniture systems (during and off regular business hours)
* Assist in emergencies to ensure the protection of employees and premises. Has knowledge of emergency response procedures and first aid training
* Assist in managing emergency situations and having the ability to handle stressful conditions
* Able to work on a rotational on-call basis to support after hour situations
* Reports any and all safety hazards concerns to management and actions the necessary remedy in a safe manner
* Ensures that the facility meets current corporate policies & audit procedures
* Adhere to and enforces strict building security guidelines
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with ability to work in a team environment
* Proficient in MS Outlook, Word and Excel
* Knowledge of building maintenance, mechanical and electrical systems
* Knowledge of CMMS is desirable
* Knowledge of materials, methods, and the tools involved in the construction or repair of buildings.
* Customer Service oriented
* Performing physical activities that require full mobility and strength, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling/installing of materials
* Flexibility to respond to changing requirements
Experience & Education Requirements
* 2 to 5 years facilities/maintenance experience
* Community college courses in building maintenance, or equivalent experience
* Proficient computer skills
* Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and show initiative in proactively addressing facility problems
* Flexibility in hours of operation is required - Rotating shifts from days to afternoons and possibility weekends
* Driver’s License and vehicle to get to various Wescam facilities (Travel will be expensed to the Toronto Office)
* L3 is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled individuals to apply.
This job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties as necessary.
**Please note: L3 WESCAM has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities, both during the selection process as well as during employment.
CAN Security Clearance Required: Other
: Yes, 25 % of the Time
: Division L-3 Wescam