4 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
You probably never think about it, but the engines on an aircraft need to be housed in safe, aerodynamic structures called “nacelles.” UTC Aerospace Systems’ Aerostructures business is a world leader in nacelle technology, which leads to better fuel efficiency, less engine noise and critical stopping power when the airplane lands. Today, our innovative nacelle systems are featured on many of the world’s newest and most game-changing airplane platforms. And we’re not stopping there: we’re working hard to create the next generation of nacelles that are greener, quieter and more efficient. In addition, our Engineered Polymer Products division is a leading developer and manufacturer of advanced, high-performance composite structures and products for marine applications. Whether in the air or underwater, we’re pushing the limits of innovation. Want to join us on this important journey?
This position is for a seasoned professional in Facilities, who works independently, implements requisite changes and new or modified plans. Inspects projects, participates in cross-functional teams, performs prebuilding assessments, and plans maintenance activities. Responsible for improvements in Facilities processes to enhance Facilities team performance.
* Implements requisite changes relative to facility or equipment specifications and organization or government restrictions to ensure compliance with the norms.
* Implements new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or site emergencies.
* Inspects or reviews projects to evaluate compliance with building and safety codes or other regulations to ensure a safe workplace.
* Participates in cross-functional teams to ensure building security and safety at multiple sites.
* Performs, or recommends contractors to perform, prebuilding assessments such as conceptual cost estimating, rough order of magnitude estimating, feasibility, or energy assessments.
* Plans, organizes, and schedules activities, which may include maintenance, construction, renovation, and repair of organization facilities, to ensure proper functioning of facilities.
* Seasoned professional contributor.
* May manage small projects or processes.
* Has advanced knowledge of work area.
* Problems faced are difficult and sometimes complex.
* Works autonomously with limited oversight from the manager.
* Coaches and reviews the work of lower level professionals.
* Influences others regarding practices, policies, and procedures.
* 5 years' experience as a facilities engineer or related experience. An advanced degree may substitute for formal years of experience (ie. an advanced degree and a minimum 3 year experience).
* Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
* Experience with MS Project
* Experience with AutoCAD
* Experience with CATIA
* Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
* Aerospace, manufacturing, or related industry experience
* OSHA Certification
* Position May Travel
* All qualified applicants must have the ability to bend, stoop, stand, kneel and lift up to 25 lbs. repetitively throughout the day and be able to wear the necessary Personal Protective Equipment.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Bachelor's Degree
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.