3 months ago
The Boeing Company is seeking an Fabrication Specialist (Level B) in North Charleston, SC.
* Performs machine set-up, machining, welding set-up, welding, sheet metal fabrication and extrusion, tube bending and fabrication tasks.
* Performs composite lay-up, fabrication and assembly tasks.
* Assembles precision mechanical and electro-mechanical components.
* Assembles, repairs, modifies and installs various power plants and drive trains.
* Perform soldering on electronic and avionics products.
* Assembles and installs wire harnesses and avionics products.
* Prepares test articles, fixtures and data collection devices to perform various tests.
* Performs basic organic chemical conversion and paint preparation.
* Applies routine organic coatings for corrosion protection and appearance requirements.
* Works on articles of limited complexity following established drawings and requirements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
* Minimum High School diploma or GED
* Experience operating a CNC machine i.e. CNC rivet machine, CNC milling machine
* Experience reading and interpreting basic blueprints and work orders
* Ability to work variable shifts; including day, evening, night and weekends
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
* Preferred candidates will have mastered manufacturing disciplines on spaceflight or aircraft systems; in areas to include: Machine Set up, Welding Set up, Sheet Metal Forming, Structural assembly with an emphasis on match drilling aluminum, titanium, and composite materials, Composite repair techniques, Wire harness fabrication, repair, test, and installation including instrumentation and heaters, Avionics Installation, Orbital Welding, Fluid and pneumatic system fabrication, installation, test, and repair; and Thermal Protection System installation, test, and repair – Advanced Flexible Reusable Surface Insulation (AFRSI) and BRI tiles and associated thermal closeouts
Typical Education/ Experience:
High school diploma or GED and typically 1 or more years' related experience or an equivalent combination of education
This position is located in North Charleston, SC and does not offer relocation assistance. Applicants must reside in the area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Contingent Upon Program Award