11 months ago
The F-22 Raptor program is seeking a Simulation Software Engineer to join a team where cutting edge technology really matters. Our Software Engineers work in a highly dynamic environment developing aircraft simulation and system software for United States Air Force F-22 and Virtual Warfare Center (VWC) customers.
F-22 Simulation Software Engineers support multiple products and capabilities within the F-22 program infrastructure including:
F-22 Pilot Training Avionics Simulation (PTAS)
F-22 Advanced Simulation Toolset (FAST)
Man-in-the-Loop (MITL) Threat Simulation
The selected applicant will be a member of a high performing, collaborative team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, excellent time-management, and interpersonal skills. This team will be modeling the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) approach to support all aspects of product development, including project management. The applicant will be encouraged to actively help the team to continuously improve and develop innovative and creative solutions to products and processes
System design and interfaces
Requirements analysis and definition, software design, end user interaction, coding, unit testing, integration, validation, documentation, analysis of software problem reports, and assistance of software and system test personnel.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Training and Professional Svcs
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. This particular position REQUIRES A CURRENT SECRET CLEARANCE.
The qualified candidate will have multiple years of experience in many of the following areas:
* 5th gen Avionics Architectures
* Ethernet networks, network design, programming and services
* Real-time operating systems and development of real-time software
* Threat definitions and capabilities and modeling of same
* Knowledge of DMO, DIS Protocols, and IEEE SISO standards
* Link-16 networks and message formats and protocols, Link-16 signal simulators
* Avionics capabilities and interfaces and modeling of same
* Guided munitions capabilities and interfaces and modeling of same
* C, C++, Ada, Fortran, OpenGL programming languages. Qt user interface framework, Perl, GLStudio
* ClearCase, Linux/Red Hat/CentOS, MS Visual Studio, VersionOne
* Agile, Kanban, Lean, automated testing and/or continuous integration
* Product Owner and/or Scrum Master experience is a plus
* Automated testing, and/or continuous integration is a plus
Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award