3 months ago
Seeking First Line Manager to lead on-site, dynamic teams of modification technicians, maintenance technicians, and supply specialists in the performance of F/A-18 modifications and upgrades at remote USN locations.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Works closely with the Program Management AIR (PMA), the local USN partner, Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA), the Boeing program office, and Field Operations leadership to support deliver of quality modification & repair installations to our customer.
• Develops and motivates a team of diverse skills, capability, and experience to maximize individual and team performance.
• Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, acquires resources, and maintains quality, safety, schedule, and cost plans.
• Understands contractual language and requirements to ensure compliance and execution.
• Conducts thorough and complete program status reporting to internal and external customers as required to include USN Maintenance briefings, DCMA Quality Briefings and Boeing program office leadership.
• Manages employees performing technical or specialist activities within Product Support. Develops and executes project and process plans, implements policies and procedures and sets operational goals.
• Acquires resources for projects and processes, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
• Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
• Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes. Manages, develops and motivates employees.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Engineering Mods & Maintenance
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Minimum 4 years experience working with 4790.2 Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP).
• Minimum 4 years Field service and/or modification leadership experience.
• Prior F/A-18 Maintenance or Modification Experience.
• Capable of initiating action to solve day-to-day operational issues and balancing the overall site leadership.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• The preferred candidate should have prior Military Programs experience
• Prior Military Wing/Squadron leadership experience is a plus.
• Proposal Development experience is desirable
• Earned Value and Control Account Management experience.
• Strategy to action planning.
Manager with Direct Reports
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award