7 months ago
The Boeing F-15 Systems Engineering Integration Team (SEIT) is seeking a highly motivated System Engineer to support all aspects of program development with a critical near-term focus on model based system engineering (MBSE). The MBSE approach is being integrated and used on the F-15 program and is critical to continued success of the program. The successful candidate will lead transition to the MBSE paradigm through the development of platform based models.
The job tasks will involve engagement in the full range of activities encompassed by the model based system engineering paradigm. This includes:
· Coordinating with multi-discipline engineering teams to document inter-system interfaces
· Capturing that system design in a model based system.
· Communicating the platform model to the program and assisting in its use in proposal efforts, design decisions and during program execution.
Additional tasks as part of job scope:
Participation in other systems engineering activities supporting effective program. These activities include risk, issue, and opportunity management, technical performance measurement, and program planning.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Develops and documents moderately complex electronic and electrical system requirements. Designs hardware, software and interface specifications.
· Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
· Assists in monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
· Solves problems concerning fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
· Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
· The ability to obtain an interim U.S. Secret Security Clearance (pre-start).
· Systems engineering experience required
· Candidates should have experience in model based system design and should have an understanding of how hardware and software are integrated to complete a system.
· Candidates should have the ability to capture complex technical concepts through verbal team interaction.
· Candidates should also have the ability to convey those technical designs and models in a large group setting.
· Supports the definition, analysis, and verification of product baselines.
· Manages product changes.
· Documents and implements engineering technical program plans of limited scope and complexity.
· Gathers data to assist in the analysis of product trades/changes for change proposals. Utilizes Systems Engineering tools. Works under supervision.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
The successful candidate will have experience with IBM Rational products such as Rhapsody and DOORs.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award