8 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
The Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems division of Rockwell Collins is the sole source lavatory provider for the Boeing 737 MAX program. The Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems is a cutting edge product, offering a unique value proposition that allows airlines to increase revenue and lower operational cost. Our highly dedicated team is situated next to Paine Field in Everett, Washington. From this state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility, the Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems supports its global airline customer base as well as the OEM.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Systems Engineer in our Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems business located in Everett, WA.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the System Engineer will utilize aircraft development expertise to participate in the design of new products, solve systems engineering problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals within the aviation industry.
* Captures, understands and documents the customer's system requirements (design, structural, materials & processes, flammability, electrical, mechanical systems etc.
* Designs systems architectures in co-operation with aircraft manufacturers
* Performs interior systems analysis, modelling and simulation
* Performs system safety analysis, including hazard assessment and fault tree analysis
* Develops requirements for systems test facilities
* Defines aircraft installation requirements for avionics
* Participates in Product Release Board Technical support of product trials and pilots
* Prepares and initial performance of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs)
* Creates functional product specifications
* Performs other related duties as required
* Day to day job includes understanding the requirements and configuration from the customer and flow it down to each disciplines under certification for on-time cert activities.
Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in Mechanical, Aerospace, Structural, or Electrical; and a minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Prior experience as a system engineer. Design engineering and configuration management background are beneficial.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.