10 months ago
The Lavatories and Water Waste Systems division of Rockwell Collins formerly B/E Aerospace is the sole source lavatory provider for the Boeing 737 MAX program. The Lavatories and Water Waste Systems Advanced Lavatory is a cutting edge product, offering a unique value proposition that allows airlines to increase revenue and lower operational cost. Our highly dedicated team is situated next to Paine Field in Everett, Washington. From this state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility, the Lavatories and Water Waste Systems supports its global airline customer base as well as the OEM.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Product Support Engineer in our Lavatories and Water Waste Systems business located in Everett, WA.
Reporting to the Sr.Manager of Customer Support the Product Support Engineer is responsible for the support of a product or line of products. They assume responsibility for the product after transition from design to production. They interface with other departments such as design, test, and reliability engineering to analyze and resolve problems. They ensures that production schedules are followed. They acts as customer interface supporting customers by resolving complex inquiries and problems.
* Provides technical leadership to engineers and technical support when required
* Directs preparation of appropriate documentation for assigned projects
* Research and collaborates in resolution of complex customer issues in a timely manner and follow up directly with the customer to ensure customer satisfaction
* Responding to situations where standard procedures have failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment
* Collaborates with Technical Publications for final CMM approval
* Collaborates with Internal Engineering for qualification of revised designs
* Initiates drawing revisions when necessary
* Leverages internal technical expertise to provide effective customer support
* Collaborates on problems and solutions with internal and external engineers to resolve problems in an effective and timely manner
* Assists Product Support Specialist when required for receiving incoming field questions and help respond by providing detailed technical research, answers and documents.
* Assists customers with installation, maintenance and training support when required
* Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems to appropriate departments and follows through until resolved.
* Maintains performance metrics as required
* Analyzes field-related data to identify performance trends
* Completes, maintains, and processes pertinent paperwork and records
* Manage Customer support projects and other assigned duties
* Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university in Engineering or technical degree; or MMP or tech experience working on Military Aircraft would be considered
* Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* Aerospace industry experience
* Advanced experience with Windows Operating System and Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Outlook
* Must have demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate to a wide range of stakeholders.
* Expert level ability to effectively present information to Senior Management, Customers, and/or Boards of Directors.
* Ability to respond to complex inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of Senior Management.
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
* Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
* Ability to travel independently both nationally and internationally
* Previous lavatory waste and water system experience
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.