11 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
The Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems division of Rockwell Collins is the sole source lavatory provider for the Boeing 737 MAX program. The Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems is a cutting edge product, offering a unique value proposition that allows airlines to increase revenue and lower operational cost. Our highly dedicated team is situated next to Paine Field in Everett, Washington. From this state of the art manufacturing and engineering facility, the Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems supports its global airline customer base as well as the OEM.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including a Mechanical Design Engineer in our Lavatories & Water/Waste Systems business located in Everett, WA.
Reporting to the Manager, Engineering the Mechanical Design Engineer will design mechanical equipment and perform standard engineering assignments usually representing a significant portion of a larger project. Selects engineering techniques to solve problems and make design recommendations.
* Participate as a team member in a specific phase of a broad engineering assignment.
* Provide detail design of mechanisms and mechanical systems primarily consisting of linkages, latching, and small mechanical features.
* Develop appropriate documentation to define testing, demonstrate compliance and verification of design requirements.
* Ensures successful completion of the assigned project phase within the budgeted time and cost constraints.
* Participates in defining engineering approaches, planning and scheduling.
* Performs other related duties as required.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university.
* Three (3) years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Previous mechanism design experience with knowledge of linkages, latches, hinging and kinematic modeling of mechanical systems.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.