6 months ago
Maintenance Engineer analyzes complex engineering designs and design changes to determine maintenance/repair requirements, procedures and instructions; supports activities that influence product designs and processes to ensure supportability and maintainability; creates systems theory descriptions to ensure common understanding of systems and components; conducts engineering analysis to verify the accuracy of maintenance/repair data. The Maintenance Engineer also develops and provides technical solutions to customers; evaluates customers' maintenance operations; guides the development of procedures and techniques to allow users to maintain and repair products; authors and guides changes in various airplane maintenance documents. The candidate selected will be assigned to support the Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) or Fault Isolation Manual (FIM).
* Responsible for non-recurring and sustaining development, validation and delivery of technical Airplane Maintenance data, Fault Isolation and Integrated Planning to maintain the Instructions for Continued Airworthiness and FAA/Foreign Regulatory requirements.
* Analyzes complex engineering designs, supplier and engine manufacturer design data to determine and develop maintenance, repair and tooling supportability requirements and methods for configurated procedures and instructions. Influences product designs and processes to ensure safety, supportability and maintainability.
* Develops and uses fault isolation procedures and techniques.
* Creates systems theory descriptions to ensure common understanding of systems and components.
* Conducts engineering analyses to verify the accuracy of maintenance/repair data.
* Performs customer interface to support customer inquiries and develops technical solutions to customers; evaluates customers' maintenance operations.
* Develops new procedures and techniques to allow users to maintain and repair products.
* Participates in organizational activities that influence the Aerospace Industry.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Experience researching and analyzing data
Experience using maintenance documents or airline experience
Experience with analyzing and interpreting engineering data for inclusion into maintenance manuals and technical publications
5 or more years airplane maintenance experience
Experience and knowledge of airplane configuration data management systems and development systems including eMOD, My Boeing Fleet, WIRS, FASTR, IVT, CATIA, BOLD, REDARS and BCS.
Extensive knowledge and experience in either Propulsion, Avionics/Electrical/Communication/Navigation, Hydraulics/Mechanical/Landing Gear, and/or Payloads/Interiors is proffered.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award