7 months ago
As part of Boeing's Space & Missile Systems division, Satellite Systems manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions. Satellite Systems in Los Angeles, CA oversees the design, development, manufacture, integration and testing of satellites.
Your dreams go beyond Planet Earth. You are innovative, creative, and challenge the status quo. You work well in teams while also having the ability to work assignments autonomously. Here at Satellite Systems you will collaborate with leaders in space innovation and pave the way in creating the world’s best satellites. You will be a leader in space innovation.
* Analyzes customer and system requirements to develop basic architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products.
* Develops high-level and detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications.
* Validates designs through various methods of review, testing and analysis.
* Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
* Supports Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services.
* Provides engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product. Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Missile Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Typical Education and/or Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
* Electrical Engineering experience
* Minimum of 1 year of experience working with spaceborne systems/electronics
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award