3 months ago
The ETS Engineer INTERN is part of the ETS Engineering Team. He/she is working with the electronic and mechanical engineer and performs the tasks and missions described below and related to electronic and mechanical products of the different OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer):
oSafran Electronics and Defense OEM
oSafran Landing Systems OEM
oSafran Electronics and Defense, Avionics USA OEM
* -Perform Document Analysis
* -Interface related to OEM repair standards with Tickets and ETS Requests.
* - Perform First Article Inspection
* - Entry In Service
* - Participate to the HSE SAFRAN Projects and ECO Design.
* - Design and produce tools
* - Assist the Product Design and Research and Development Engineer
* - Assist and Support the production of the product which Safran Electronics and Defense, Avionics USA is the OEM
* - Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information could lead to damage to the reputation and/or competitive posture of the corporation.
* - To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* - Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new (skills and/or equipment).
* - Degree in Engineering.
* - Excellent team working skills, prompt to initiative.
* - Well organized.
* - A large degree of variety and latitude is expected.
* - Advanced Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* - Aviation experience related will be a plus.
* - HSE (Health / Security / Environment) experience related will be a plus.
* - This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
* - Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leader in the supply of solutions and services in optronics, avionics, electronics and critical software for both commercial and military markets. The company equips more than 1,000 boats, 25,000 land vehicles and 10,000 aircraft worldwide.