2 months ago
The Human Exploration & Launch business within ISR & Space Systems provides Environmental Control and Life Support Systems in deep space, low earth orbit, undersea, and on the ground. Our hardware is paramount to survival in harsh environments, and our passion for our work demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver.
Our business is seeking an experienced and motivated individual who will be responsible for supporting the management of all aspects of the EVA Space Operations Contract (ESOC), with a focus on ownership of the total EVA (extra-vehicular activity) system. The ESOC Deputy Program Manager is responsible for providing support to the Program Manager of the end-to-end system performance and for the execution of all aspects of the contract. Effectively maintaining the aging hardware in an ever-changing environment with longer maintenance intervals requires thorough understanding of a very complex technical system and careful orchestration among the OEMs, the hardware processor, and the ISS (International Space Station) program and its prime contractors. The Deputy Program Manager works with the Program Manager and the IPT (integrated product team) leads to resolve technical and contractual issues, to prioritize work, to allocate resources, and to understand financial variances. The Deputy Program Manager represents both ESOC and UTAS (UTC Aerospace Systems) to the NASA customer on a daily basis and is ultimately responsible for successful execution of the contract and for customer satisfaction.
This position offers exciting opportunity to lead a diverse team and manage programs for cost, schedule and technical performance attaining the highest degree of quality and customer satisfaction.
* Customer credibility - in terms of established trust and technical competence with ISS Program Management.
* Adept in operational environment and able to maintain necessary insight into a multitude of tasks to ensure nothing gets dropped.
* Good critical thinking skills with the ability to see the big picture and navigate effectively through the dynamic environment, asking the right questions to craft decision packages and delivering compelling recommendations.
* Candidate must be comfortable with conflict. This attribute is useful in all areas such as informing the customer of bad news immediately, holding team members accountable, raising issues with management when needed, and pushing back on the customer/others as appropriate.
* Position demands coordination of program requirements, cradle-to-grave, across planning, engineering, procurement, manufacturing, test and deployment stages in a matrix organization utilizing multiple engineering disciplines and several subcontractors.
* Good oral and written communication skills, leadership capability and ability to work alongside the team when necessary to ensure customer needs are met
* Ability to understand the linkage between technical, schedule and financial performance to be able to discern where changes may impact the Estimate to Complete
* Capable of negotiating contractual changes including coordination preparations of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements, and financial conditions of contracts
* Capable of identifying program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications
* Demonstrates action-oriented leadership when faced with a project roadblock
* Prior finance, contracts, and earned value methodology prior experience is highly desired
Candidate must be a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
This job is considered a sensitive position in accordance with NASA Guidelines. The selected candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per NASA's regulation subpart 1823.5 Drug-Free Workforce.
Education: · BA/BS degree w/10+ years experience
· MA/MS degree w/7+ years experience
· PhD degree w/4+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.