7 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Health & Safety, Environment
Regular Full time
Professional, Engineer & Manager
Part time / Full time
We currently have a position available for an Ergonomist in Denton, TX.
The Ergonomist acts as a liaison and advisor to multiple-site leadership teams and facilitates ergonomics programs and processes across the enterprise. With direction and guidance from direct manager, develops strategies, tools and processes to address key organizational needs across the enterprise. Plans, develops, implements and manages ergonomics and work environment programs to meet individual, business unit, and corporate needs. Responsible for development and integration of HSE/ergonomics programs and associated projects to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
• Defines and manages in coordination with Safran Electrical & Power and Safran Group strategic targets, an ergonomic program that will be deployed through multiple sites and with the support of site representatives;
• Develops and implements research methodologies to test and evaluate developmental prototypes used in new products or processes, user workstations, or computerized human models;
• Conducts ergonomic evaluations in office, workstations, laboratories, industrial, environments either independently or with support from HSE department, and implement equipment and furniture recommendations;
• Prepares reports or presentations summarizing results or conclusions of ergonomics activities, such as testing, investigation, or validation;
• Performs functional, task, or anthropometric analysis, using applicable tools such as checklists, surveys, videotaping or force measurement;
• Schedules evaluations and works with operational teams to ensure ergonomic conditions are implemented and maintained;
• Provides employee education and coaching in safe work practices to prevent injury and illness;
• Recommends workplace changes to improve health safety, using knowledge of potentially harmful factors such as heavy loads or repetitive motions;
• Provides technical support to clients through activities like rearranging workplace fixtures to reduce physical hazards or discomfort or modifying task sequences to reduce cycle time;
• Integrates ergonomics data in new operational programs;
• Coordinates Safran Group ergonomics network for the North American region and collaborates with the Group ergonomic program manager;
• Collaborates with sites' General Managers, HSE, Engineering, and Management teams to identify sites' priorities based on HSE data, such as Worker's Compensation and occupational illnesses data, and establish actions to minimize risk;
• Identifies and incorporates best practices and lessons learned into program plans;
• Facilitates communication related to area of responsibilities;
• May lead enterprise-wide projects for new systems and processes;
• Adheres to safe work practices and contributes to the evolution of the health, safety, and environmental program and culture;
• Other duties may be assigned.
Safran Electrical & Power offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401k, and retirement.
Candidates for positions with Safran Electrical & Power must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Employment eligibility verification will be required at the time of hire.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
Safran Electrical & Power is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. To verify the information in the job listing or if you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please or call: . We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Some travel required across the US and Mexico.
Candidate skills & requirements
Education and/or Experience
• Requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, preferrably in a Health and Safety or Engineering-related discipline: Kinesiology, Human Factors, Occupational Safety, Sports Medicine, Industrial Engineering, or related discipline.
• Minimum of 3 years related experience required.
• Prefer Certified Professional Ergonomist (CPE) certification or an equivalent international certification.
• Preference will be given to bilingual candidates (English – Spanish)
• Must possess the ability to run and analyze reports and data. – Advanced
• Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook). – Advanced
• Strong knowledge of HSE and Ergonomics required. – Expert
• Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills required; interpersonal skills working across the organization with various levels of individuals are essential. – Expert
• Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects. – Expert
• Demonstrated success and experience in consulting on and driving multiple functional areas including safe working conditions, ergonomics processes, budget, communications, vendor management. – Expert
• Demonstrable leadership and customer focus skills. – Expert
• Demonstrated success in Project Management. – Advanced
• Knowledge of applicable state and federal employment and labor laws and governmental compliance requirements. – Basic
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions and in support of group and Safran Electrical & Power's objectives; demonstrated ability to bring new solutions to complex issues. – Expert
North America, United States, Texas
Minimum education level achieved
Minimum experience level required
More than 3 years