11 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
At UTC Aerospace Systems, we believe that innovation starts with our people. That’s why we have over 8,000 engineers located in 70 sites around the globe, across 14 countries. But our Engineering organization is not just a collection of individual businesses. We use our size and expertise to create system solutions that work across all our product lines.
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation. Do you have what it takes to join a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our Engineering ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies. Together, we will move the world forward!
This position is part of Engine Build-Up (EBU) organization as part of the Equipment Engineering team. This position involves aspects of systems, design, test and project engineering. The Equipment Engineer's responsibilities include systems integration, supplier evaluation, supplier product development, qualification testing, and overall lifecycle management for an assigned equipment parts or systems. Your role would be to work with suppliers to manage the design, testing, and qualification of Engine Anti Icing system and its components. Your role would include development and integration of valves, ducting, pressure transducers, thermocouples to meet performance requirements for FAR 25 certification. You would coordinate on time delivery of certification documentation from suppliers and interface with internal customers(program management, supply chain, and quality) as well as our external customers. The position may require some travel to interface with suppliers, mature design issues and witness testing.
Specific Job Responsibilities include:
* Develop and document requirements for engine anti-icing systems on new aircraft
* Write and develop Nacelle Anti-Icing system requirement documents and component technical procurement specifications to procure complex supplier designed equipment
* Lead preliminary and critical design reviews to our external customers (Aircraft and engine manufacturers) and internal program technical leadership customer
* Lead supplier project management to ensure suppliers designs are technically robust, hardware deliverables are met and documentation is complete
* Visit suppliers for process improvements, product design reviews, and hardware testing,
* Conduct regular meetings with internal leadership and external customers to update on status and project strategy
* Work onsite at with suppliers to develop and perform component and system qualification testing such as vibration, thermal, and endurance tests
* Responsible for coordinating and driving failure root cause and corrective action activities stemming from aircraft issues in service
* Work with suppliers on development and review of technical qualification and certification documents to support the overall aircraft certification
* Drive closure of technical issues and risks
* MS Office experience, especially Excel and Word.
* Working knowledge related to the design and qualification of mechanical and electromechanical itemS
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
* Familiar with environmental and electrical qualification testing per RTCA/DO-160 and Mil-STD-810 or equivalent
* Experience with MS Project and IBM DOORS
* Pro-active and analytical worker
* Technical Writing
* Understanding and experience with LEAN/Continuous Improvement
* Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical , Electrical, or Aerospace Engineering with 4 to 7+ years of relevant experience OR
* Master's Degree in Engineering with 2-5+ years of relevant experience OR
* PH. D with 0-2+ years of relevant experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.