3 months ago
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Looking for a challenge where your experience is valued? Come see what you can achieve as a leader with GE Aviation!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Environmental Health & Safety Leader will demonstrate leadership in implementing, leading and driving Environmental, Health & Safety business goals, programs, and processes for Lynn Component Manufacturing (LCM). In the role of Environmental Health & Safety Leader, you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
The candidate in the Environmental Health & Safety Leader role will be viewed internally and externally as a specialist in the discipline.
Key aspects of the Environmental Health & Safety Leader include:
* Presents projects plans, technical roadmaps, risks and recommendations to senior business leaders (EB and SEB) within technical space and occasionally to senior leaders in partner technical team
* Communicates solutions across the own function and with cross-functional partner organizations
* Deep technical expertise within a field
* Has comprehensive knowledge of underlying principles, approaches and methodology
* Initiate and influence integration of related policies and practices into LCM
* Implement / modify related EHS programs and procedures to ensure compliance
* Maintain an in-depth knowledge of existing and proposed regulations
* Supervise and assist contractors on related issues
* Modify and implement compliance tracking programs and record keeping systems
* Develop and provide education programs related to specific disciplines
* Provide and determine alternatives for issue resolution
* Drive and implement proactive change within LCM and EHS
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
* Minimum of 5 years of experience in EHS in a manufacturing environment
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENT :
* This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
* Change Agent
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
* Ability to interface effectively with all levels within the company as well as organizations outside GE (regulatory agencies)
* Established program management ability
* Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Lynn is the home of the first U.S. jet engine thanks in part to relationships with material science researchers at nearby MIT. This continued relationship allows us to focus on product improvement. GE Aviation still a major employer in Lynn, assembling small commercial, military and marine engines in this Boston suburb. As a result, over 4,200 GE employees now call this historic area "home." Take the MBTA commuter rail into the nearby city of Boston. Several parks including the largest municipal park in New England, as well as the Lynn Beach offer resident relaxation. Learn more about our New England community!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Locations: United States; Massachusetts; Lynn
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.