10 months ago
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions.
The Executive Aircraft Seating division manufactures interior products for business jets. Realize your full potential, in our dynamic and fast-paced environment where ideas, talents and experiences are valued. It is conveniently located between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
As a leader in the aerospace industry, we are growing rapidly and have a number of exciting positions available right now, including an Environmental Health & Safety Coordinator in our Executive Aircraft Seating business located in Medley, FL.
Reporting to the Facilities Manager, the Environment Health & Safety Coordinator is responsible for performing assignments focused on monitoring compliance with established practices and analyzing problem areas of injuries, health impairment, and environmental impact.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Conducts inspections and tests planned to provide experience and familiarity with company operations, specific safety/health issues and regulations, specific environment issues and regulations, and company best practices.
* Ensures that the facility and its processes are in compliance with current and evolving DERM, EPA, and OSHA regulations.
* Ensures compliance with all corporate and government EHS regulations.
* Trains and motivates people in environmental, health and safety practices and behaviors.
* Identifies problem areas and works on process improvements.
* Collects, tracks, reports and analyzes the site's key EHS performance data and metrics.
* Assists more experienced professionals in developing solutions.
* Performs other related duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university.
* Two years of relevant experience (or an equivalent combination of work and/or life experience, formal education, and/or on-the-job training).
* Fluency in English and Spanish.
* Excellent computer skills.
* Effective, open, and trustworthy communication skills.
* Knowledge of DERM, EPA & OSHA Regulations.
* JHA experience preferred but not required.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
* Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
* Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or associates of organization.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
* Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear; frequently required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The associate must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an associate encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock; and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed descriptions of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.