8 months ago
Safran is an international high-technology group and tier-1 supplier of systems and equipment in the Aerospace and Defense markets. Operating worldwide, Safran has nearly 58,000 employees and generated sales of 15.8 billion euros in 2016. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and its share is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters. Safran is also features at the top of the "Happy at Work" ranking compiled by the website meilleures-entreprises.com, as one of the most popular companies for young engineers* and in the LinkedIn Top Attractors in France.
*Universum and Trendence surveys
Safran Electrical & Power is specialized in electrical power systems for the aviation market, encompassing the entire electrical chain (generation, distribution, conversion, wiring, load management, ventilation, systems integration, and support services), along with engineering solutions for the aerospace, automotive and rail sectors. With 14,200 employees in 12 countries, Safran Electrical & Power is now a leading global OEM at the heart of the strategy and the research on the more electric aircraft.
Main domain/Job field
Support functions - Health & Safety, Environment
Environment, Health, Safety (EHS) Intern
Internship / Student
Part time / Full time
2017-2018 EHS Internship Assignment Plan
Location: Sarasota, FL
Duration: 4-6 months
Start Date: Available Immediately
The HSE Intern has the responsibility to assist the HSE Manager in maintaining the facility's health, safety, and environmental program. Safran's paid internship program allows students the opportunity to gain valuable and applicable work experience in a fast-paced and challenging environment. The HSE Manager will provide guidance as you gain professional hands-on experience. The internship is for the duration of an academic semester or semesters with flexible start dates, and will consist of both major projects as well as daily HSE-related tasks.
1. Practice safe working techniques and re-enforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
2. Work with the Senior Leadership Team, Team Leaders, Safran+ Leaders and Operations team to implement changes to the management system as necessary for the improvement of the HSE program.
3. Assist the HSE Manager in providing daily guidance and direction in HSE programs at the employee and supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach.
4. Assist the HSE Manager with all HSE-related activities to ensure facility compliance to all local, state, and federal regulations.
Candidate skills & requirements
• Develop, implement, execute, and manage strategies to prevent workplace injuries and environmental incidents.
• Complete detailed accident/incident investigations with root cause analyses, and develop corrective action plans through the use of industry-recognized cause analysis techniques (5-Why, 8-D, etc.).
• Maintain and update as needed standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all safe work practices and machinery; including lock-out / tag-out procedures.
• Audit line management and operations team to ensure company HSE policies are implemented and effective.
• Coordinate a 5S and/or LSS project with the 5S and Lean Six Sigma Coordinator, and pertinent team members.
• Assist in building the company's chemical library in the chemical management system, and ensure up-to-date and GHS-compliant SDSs are deployed throughout the facility.
• Perform risk assessments and assist in the implementation of effective physical and/ or behavioral control measures; recognize and verify the effectiveness of in-place control measures.
• Interface with regulatory agencies (DOT, State/Local Regulators) as needed.
1. Knowledge of environmental, health, and safety regulations
2. Flexible team player who thrives in environments requiring ability to effectively prioritize and juggle multiple concurrent projects.
3. Energetic performer who has the ability to motivate others and drive results
4. Exceptional listener and communicator who effectively conveys information verbally and in writing.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
• Education: Candidate should have completed 2+ years of course work leading to a Bachelors or Masters degrees in Occupational Safety, Environmental Health, Industrial Hygiene, or related science.
• Some working knowledge of environmental, health, and safety (EHS) regulations and standards.
• Demonstrated communication and leadership skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
• This position requires use of information or access to hardware that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities and qualifications may vary based on assignment or group. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.
North America, United States, Florida, Sarasota
Minimum education level achieved
High School diploma, A Level
Minimum experience level required