As a Entry Level - Tool Engineer (Ground Support) (Level 2) you will work under direction of a lead GSE (Ground Support Equipment) engineer to develop, test and maintain Mechanical GSE in support of X-37B operations. Be a part of our skilled and highly motivated team who are at the forefront of modern spaceflight. The X37 program is demonstrating a reliable, reusable unmanned space test platform for the US Air Force.
Your duties will include (but are not limited to):
• Develop or update Design Engineering, as required, to support development, modification and maintenance of Mechanical GSE
• Gather information from applicable specifications and Program sources to define GSE design requirements
• Support the development of Manufacturing Documentation in support of GSE fabrication and maintenance
• Assist in coordinating GSE fabrication and maintenance activities with Program teammates: Internal and Outside Manufacturing, Production Control, Laboratory Test, Stress Engineering, M&P, Quality, Management and Customer personnel
• Prepare and present briefing material as required at Design and Readiness Reviews
• Review readiness/inspection data (i.e. calibration data, weld inspection data) for accuracy, quality and/or fidelity prior to GSE delivery to internal Boeing customers
• Work with senior engineers to explain off-nominal data and process non-conformance tags
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Experience in developing Mechanical Engineering drawings using Unigraphics design tools
Experience in the development of manufacturing documentation in support of GSE fabrication and maintenance
Experience in the development GSE design requirements
Space or launch vehicle experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.