7 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
UTAS York is looking for a motivated and energetic person to join our team!
Operate CNC Lathes, Mills, Grinders, and other specialized CNC and Manual Machines. Specific Standard Work Combination assignments will include Manual De-Burring activities. Machinists will perform machine set-ups and runs on a wide variety of operations involving multiple machines that convert raw materials to precision semi-finished / finished goods within print tolerance specifications. Additional tasks will be assigned as needed.
All work is done in a clean, climate controlled facility where we put safety and quality first in everything we do. We offer an impressive benefits package: including up to 3 – weeks’ vacation and 100 percent company-paid college tuition and books. $1.25 per hour Shift Premium for 2nd or 3rd shift.
* Computer skills and ability to learn and use multiple computer applications (including email, internet, and other job-specific applications such as MS Office; specifically Word and Excel)
* Strong mechanical aptitude. Ability to use precision measuring instruments and basic hand tools.
* Ability to perform mathematical calculations (add and subtract decimals)
* Ability to read, interpret and follow blueprints and written instructions
* Comply with all company policies and procedures
* Read and write English at a level sufficient to perform job functions
* Communicate and interact with others in a professional, polite, and cooperative manner
* 20% voluntary overtime
* Required to obtain inspection certification through on-the-job training & testing
* Standing/walking: 85% and in areas that are in close proximity to other equipment.Sitting: 15%
* Lift/carry: less or equal 10 lbs at 60%, less than or equal 25 lbs 30%, and less than or equal 35 lbs 10%
* Push/pull: normal usage with horizontal pressure for clamping parts, use push carts/fork carts to move hardware.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Required to obtain inspection certification through on-the-job training & testing.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.