10 months ago
Finance & Accountancy
Looking for an exciting and rewarding career? How about working for The Boeing Company in Mesa, AZ!
Boeing Defense, Space, and Security (BDS) is seeking a Procurement Agent (Level 2) to join the Supplier Management team in Mesa. This position will provide oversight and management of supply and demand, schedules, supplier quality, delivery and financial performance. And will lead supplier performance teams to develop strategic supplier solutions across programs and commodities.
* Runs competitions, periodically negotiates price and contract terms and conditions.
* Prepares and executes solicitations (RFQ's and RFP's) resulting in contractual documents and binding agreements.
* Interprets and enforces contract terms and conditions.
* Consults with external customers to resolve supplier performance issues.
* Makes "Best Value" sourcing decisions in a manner compliant to BDS Policy and Procedure.
* Manages priorities for delivery of products, services and data.
* Creates or modifies buy authorization.
* Manages schedules and adjusts inventory balances to meet customer requirements.
* Validates quantity, schedules, inventory balances, orders and inventory policy compliance.
* Works with internal and external customers to formalize procurement requirements.
* Conducts proposal analyses and develops negotiation strategies as required.
* Acts as an authorized agent of The Boeing Company in accordance with established commitment authority thresholds.
* Prepares and executes negotiated documents.
* Ensures compliance with company procedures and regulatory requirements.
* Manages contract terminations and Purchase Contract closeouts.
* Manages "daily management" of planning, solicitation, award, and administration for high volume transactional desk.
* Delivers timely accurate status for planned orders, purchase requisitions, and supplier performance to purchase contracts.
* Communicates across functions and programs to manage risks, issues and performance to plan.
* Works effectively with cross functional teams on financial and quality processes, systems and tools.
* Manages and analyzes supplier performance.
* Provides direction to suppliers to improve performance and ensure contractual requirements are met.
* Manages supplier import and export regulatory requirements.
* Participates on import and export compliance teams.
* Works across functions to implement continuous improvement plans.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree and typically 3 or more years' related work experience, a Master's degree and typically 1 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
* Bachelor's degree or higher is required.
* Experience in purchasing to include developing binding agreements, contract negotiations, and contract award execution.
* Experience communicating with internal and external customers
* Degree in Supply Chain Management is preferred.
* Experience negotiating non-competitive, government procurements that exceed the Truth In Negotiations Act (TINA) threshold.
* Previous work experience with an MRP system and how it applies to production control and the purchasing process.
* Experience in government related procurement with adherence to FAR/DFAR.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award