As a DSP Subsystems Engineer (Level 2), you will design and develop state-of-the-art, space-based communication systems for commercial, civil and/or national security programs. You will be part of a highly-motivated team that works with domestic or international customers on their latest satellite systems.
• Defining and developing satellite communications system and unit architecture
• Defining and verifying requirements and interfaces
• Developing and verifying signal processing algorithms
• Supporting trade studies
• Supporting unit-level integration and performance simulations
• Supporting HDL-level design and verification
• Supporting hardware procurement, design reviews, and unit sell-offs
This position is contingent upon program award
Project assignments typically span the unit life cycle, from internal trades, concept studies and system definition, to satellite unit development and test. Candidates will belong to a systems engineering team interacting with customers, suppliers, program management, integration and test engineers, and senior technologists.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience or a Master's degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
• Proficiency in Matlab/Simulink
• Knowledge of HDL development concepts
• Focus area of signal processing and/or digital communications highly desired.
Other Job Related Information/Qualifications:
Qualified candidate should be able to demonstrate proficiency in digital communication theory and systems, digital signal processing (DSP), waveform design and implementation, development of algorithms for hardware implementation on ASICs or FPGAs, and verification planning and principles, while applying their theoretical knowledge in resolving real world problems.